M8 Tracker

Another option is to place your sample on a one-two phrase chain and resample

does the steam deck allow for midi outs?

Do you know if there models known to work better in this regard? Iā€™ve been going through the thread, trying to determine what the best hardware for running M8 headless, and this model seems popular.

Thanks for all those details about your experience!

Iā€™ve no idea Iā€™m afraid, a quick Google might shed some light. FYI the solder repair was relatively straightforward just in case you, or anyone else, has issues.

Just pulled the trigger for the july batch. Canā€™t wait to use it all summer nights

8 Likes

(ļ¾‰Ā“ Š· `)惎 Grey Structure (Dirtywave M8)

Hi!

New angry track with the M8. Is it drum n bass? Too slow ? (150 bpm) No idea.

A lot of sound design here with great accidents along the way. I used the new hypersynth, but I got the most glorious ones out of the Macrosynth (especially thoses bells that transform in some kind of monstrous 303 later, all done with tables).

The guitar is recorded in Reaper through a lot of FX (and an LFO on the filter Q!), and then sampled in the M8. Same for the voice.
I used 2 additional pad samples in the beginning, and a third later, coming from laamaaā€™s bundles.

I hope youā€™ll like it!

18 Likes

Really awesome! One of my favorite with Mirage from that_Ranjit

1 Like

Thank you! Missed the song from that_Ranjit, listening right now!

1 Like

This looks really cool! Are there any good tutorials that you followed? I tried googling a bit but couldnā€™t find anythingā€¦

I modded my Nintendo Switch a while ago so that it can run Android, and it would be amazing if I could get a headless setup working on that.

There are 3 actions. You need to set up a flashed teensy, format a blank SD card for samples etc, and install the software on your chosen device.

Hereā€™s the link for setting up the teensy:

Hereā€™s the link for setting up an RG351 device (which I appreciate youā€™ve not got):

I wouldnā€™t have known what to do without having a specific process to follow tbh.

3 Likes

Yes on the the Sample Instrument page you can browse and audition samples. The playback volume is based on the instruments volume (and other) settings.

1 Like

Hello.
Does anyone have any experience with running m8 headless with Steam Deck using rm8 and could offer some plain explanation how to get it running. The one at github is too cryptic to me (no previous linux experience).
Regards,

1 Like

Does anybody know what a fair second hand price for a M8 Tracker would be? :slight_smile:

i bought mine second hand for $475

4 Likes

I guess thatā€™s quite exceptional. Iā€™ve seen them going for the new price mostly, and scalper prices up to 4000 euros/dollars which I wouldnā€™t recommend supporting.

1 Like

Got mine second hand for 700 EUR, which is about the amount you pay here with importtax

1 Like

Second hand prices seem to be same as new if not more. You see the odd one for cheaper but they are snapped up quickly

3 Likes

Same for me, i paid slightly less than a new one (+shipping and taxes) would cost here in Denmark

Tables. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

as someone took the first step into electronic music with LSDJ ~2 decades ago, iā€™m pretty hyped for M8 and iā€™m pretty sure itā€™ll just feel ā€œnaturalā€ the moment i lay my hands on it. i just need my ZOIA to be sold on Reverb before i can issue my preorder lol. and despite zero advertisement, most producer peeps i speak to seems to know about M8. an excellent product doesnā€™t seem to need much advertisement! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes