LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Me too. I love just picking it up & playing it, much the same as I would with my acoustic guitar. Can get lost in it for hours. It is so tactile; every knob, switch & sensor are playable.

1 Like

Yes! I think thats why I like it so much. Dont get me wrong, I dig my other synths, but when you teak the filter knob, thats what you get- a filter Tweak. With Lyra, when you tweak one thing, that thing changes- but so does something else

Since I began playing Lyra in a band, and including it in my Techno stuff, I have lost interest in my other projects stored on my computer, they all seem so ā€¦ Linearā€¦

Happy Demon Hunting!

5 Likes

Actually having just said that, I think thats why I like octatrack, I use it in a non linear way, master sequencer is always set to INF, I never use song mode, and i use a few other methods of always keeping my options open. Ignore the grid! ha!

2 Likes

IMO to accept and appreciate this, is the only way to be happy with the Lyra. I had hours of fun exploring many different sounds by flipping the FM-linking switches, modify the MOD knobs, adjust the OSC-frequencies, using the Delay, and all those feedbacks. Even the flipping itself seems to be part of it. Do it sometimes or do it in small time intervals can make quite a difference. The Lyra can sound very different compared to many drone-like videos on YT - it can be very harsh an even very melodic.

Since I never get back to where I was, I made it a habit to have a recorder stand-by ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Did a little something with my Lyra-8 and an erebus on an octatrack. I edited it a little bit in my daw as well. Kind of a cool concept.

8 Likes

Sounds great! Every now and then I have an obsession with this kind of minimalist/atmospheric/autonomic dnb; I really should actually write some more tracks like that :smiley:

btw I caved and ordered a Lyra-8 lastnight :metal: I couldnā€™t handle it anymore. It suddenly was in stock at an Australian supplier so I just had to do it. Gonna set it up next to my piano, I think.

1 Like

Just curious ā€¦ for the DAW-less, what kind of setups are you using to record your LYRA-8?

Nice work - keep 'em coming!

Octatrack works fine for me.

I use the Octatrack for ā€œshort quotesā€ (<5 min). But most of the time I record whole sessions of 15-30 minutes either into Audacity on my HTPC or into a Zoom recorder (I donā€™t care to fire up Ableton Live just for recording).

2 Likes

Made another little rough draft using the lyra-8. Also some Erebus V3 in there as well.

3 Likes

Cool track. Has some good Scorn vibes.

Mine arrived today. Itā€™s amazing. I have some ideas to ā€œtameā€ it in my eurorack setup but itā€™s so good even on its own.

3 Likes

Yeah, loving it so far. I was looking for a good distortion for my Volca Drum, and here it isā€¦ maybe I went a bit too overboard on the distortion, but I kinda like it :smiley:

5 Likes

You didnā€™t waste any time, this was really cool to listen to :+1:

1 Like

thanks!

Oooh, Photek vibes. Love it.

This is awesome.

We canā€™t see the Lyra 8 as my little tripod is actually resting on it, but hereā€™s some Lyra 8 used in context; itā€™s the noisy line entering at the 7min mark. Even if I used only two voices here and proceeded to put it through a high pass and phaser in the modular, I feel like the Lyra lends itself very well to such applications. A bit underused but still unique.

5 Likes

Love it

1 Like