LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Thank you, glad you like it !

Lyra and DFAM sound really good together. I must get my DFAM out and have a play sometime.

1 Like

Got asked to play at a seated A/V gig in a couple of weeks, and am teaming up with a visualist. Iā€™ve decided to use the Lyra-8 together with my Nord Modular, which means I can not only send the visualist a pulse to work with for his visuals, but I can also get some signals from his setup to use in the CV inputs of the Lyra. Canā€™t wait to hear how that sounds.

I did a proof of concept recording today:

Iā€™m pretty happy with the way it turned out! They really work well together.

6 Likes

Created a little soundtrack for a short film using the Lyra-8 through an eventide space reverb. The video isnā€™t quite done but I will post here if people want to see it once its done.

3 Likes

Lyra 8 used as a pulsing sub in this lilā€™ ambient snippet :

3 Likes

Has anyone played two Lyra-8ā€™s side-by-side? I know I would love to do this and would get a lot of mileage out of the configurationā€”aside from the expense, itā€™s mostly a matter of space. When I do a thing on my Lyra-8, I often wish I could start another thing on another one, then go back and forrth with them interacting in an improvised way, and this device doesnā€™t really need to share clock. Does anyone know of any examples of two Lyra-8ā€™s played live?

1 Like

The sub is pretty subtle but damn that sounds great.

1 Like

Thank you very much ! I think Iā€™ll record a longer version as I really like it too. I lowered the volume of the Lyra (itā€™s a loop recorded in the 301) because it was a bit overpowering otherwise; but I could push it a bit more.

I like what Iā€™m hearing, definitely go for a longer recorded version of this! I also like your modular setup, some modules that I have and even more that I would like to have. For one, the Random Source Serge Resonant Equalizer has been amazing in the couple of videos Iā€™ve seen on Youtube. Love the feedback on that thing!

Also, just bought a Lyra 8 because voices kept telling me to do so. :smiley:

Thank you ! The Bark Filter Processor turned me onto fixed filter banks and now the Res EQ is one of my favorite modules. The feedback can be deadly but if you ride the edge itā€™s wonderful. I love running Morphagene through it as you can enhance or retract what you want, and discover sounds you didnā€™t know where there in the first place. Iā€™ve used it a lot here. Itā€™s quite a bit unruly, like the Lyra 8. Makes me think I should try to pair them.

And congrats on the purchase !

Hereā€™s a (much) longer version of the snippet :

3 Likes

Lots of Lyra-8 used in this so far.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l72eeg1akpzdmm/Delian%20Mood.wav?dl=0

1 Like

great stuff!
Some more Lyra adventures

3 Likes

Lyra-8 techno stuff

4 Likes

Got my new Lyra 8 delivered this week. Iā€™m really looking forward to learning something completely new. It feels like learning synths for the first time!

Got to get my kid off it first though!

Even toddlers can dig it.

2 Likes

Just realised that Iā€™m playing my Lyra 8 in my profile pic.

<-------------

:grinning:

I put a Lyra album on my bandcamp a couple weeks back - itā€™s free if anyone wants it

https://therapyinterferingbehaviour.bandcamp.com/album/la

4 Likes

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus fucking Christ!

This thing is the shit.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I have my Lyra 8 on the way and I am super excited!

I have a question for the ones that use it, and it is regarding to tuning. I have read it is a beast on itā€™s own and really hard to tame, but any of you have tried a tuner with the Lyra?

I was thinking on getting a Boss TU3 for those situations where I need to get it to tune relatevely fast.

Any experiences?

Thanks and have a nice one!

In my experience relative tuning (i.e. one voice in relation to another) is quite easy. For the tuning of the base frequency, I also go by ear.

You should be fine with a simple tuner. The real magic of the Lyra 8 though is that you are free of the shackles of tuning and timing. Itā€™s amazing how well this thing sits with other sounds without keeping it ā€œin tuneā€.

5 Likes