Love to the thin, compact & small desktop units <3

You can mod the CDR70 with 3.5mm stereo in/out, I posted pics of this mod in the CDR thread :wink:

2 Likes

Norns, if you’re into that sort of thing.

1 Like

Thanks for these suggestions!

@chaocrator
Had an NTS-1 already. Nice and light but yes a little flimsy. Sounded great but the lack of patch memory and no bpm matching function make it unviable. :confused:

@darenager
Great shout, I hadn’t thought of this one. Looks like it offers lots of effects not offered by op-z. :star_struck:

@Suspect_Frequency
I’m more looking for hardware to use with the green line module, rather than audio over usb (which frequently gets disgustingly crunchy and torn out the op-z). Haven’t used my iPhone for music yet. Is it possible to run effects and record audio/video? :face_with_monocle:

@sinedied
That sounds dodgy but I’m interested if it isn’t too invasive/destructive. I will check that thread :nerd_face:

@alspacka
Norns intrigues me but also confuses me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Boss pocket gt

Here’s the post with pictures: Zoom Ms-70 CDR - #165 by sinedied

It involves a bit of soldering/drilling, but doesn’t impact the original connectors.

2 Likes

A few thin, compact desktop units here. I’m particularly a fan of the Nord Drum 2 and Dreadbox desktop modules.

4 Likes

due to NTS-1 architecture, it’s different for different plugins. some of them respect MIDI clock.

2 Likes

Thin and compact is great, but proper sized knobs and faders and most importantly, 1/4’’ jacks are essential. I hate 1/8’’ cables in synths. Eurorack is to blame I guess.

1 Like

I still want to see a Division Department 01/IV next to a Dreadbox Nymphes. They’d look so sleek together.

1 Like

looking for this as well, crazy how few options are out there

1 Like

@dhunterrr @captain8 korg mini kaoss pad 2s?

3 Likes

hadn’t thought of those, I’ve got an kp2 and a kp3/ I wonder how the fx compare to those… (i’m not super crazy about them but love their immediacy and workflow)

if only MC-101 had audio in – i would not look for another effect unit

4 Likes

It would be a killer! Even just for TR-6S + MC-101 jams, not having audio in is a bummer as you need a mixer

2 Likes

Same thing with Elektron M:S and M:C … an ideal pair if not for that.

TX–6 :speak_no_evil:
“8 built-in effects: explore send effects like reverb, chorus and delay, and creative effects freeze, tape, filter, and distortion. each channel has a three-band eq and adjustable compressor.”

2 Likes

I’ve only ever had a KP3 but I’ve read that the quality of the mini 2s is comparable. I believe it also has the ability to record your input for looping and saves samples for playback. I’m not sure what the sample length is though.

an albeit expensive but very intriguing thought… got me lookin at the tx6 in a new way, now i gotta check my ramen supply :grin:

1 Like

kp3 is pretty good for looping too, it’s been a while since I’ve played with it, maybe time to bring it out and see what it do

2 Likes

Getting a T-1 made me realize I also need to buy a smaller keyboard

3 Likes