Love to the thin, compact & small desktop units <3

Always gotta use that space wisely. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Okay, not all exactly thin, but I’m definitely enjoying my recent low-rise configuration.

It definitely feels compact after I put the tower of Moogs away in favour of some focus.

I’m aiming to spend some time exploring this bunch and their interactions, having finally figured out how to do the gate / cv thing between them.

Learning!

6 Likes

Did the new 1010music nanoboxes get added to this thread?

Loving my Lemondrop :lemon:

7 Likes

good to know. i mean, then Hapax is unlikely to be on my list.

i actually have done (almost) that for Tetra, using two knobby controllers and (yet another) Axoloti patch.
and for Ambika too.

1 Like

Dream combo. Wish I had them. ND2 just too expensive at present. (ND3P just too big)

Thanks. Unfortunately I had no idea about this issue below, so Ill be sticking with the AR+AK+newFMmodule, instead of replacing it all with the ST :cry:

1 Like

7 Likes

It kicks, it slams, it hisses, it cries

12 Likes

I would love to see a Nymphes and 01/IV together, their form factor is just chef’s kiss

2 Likes

Isn’t this on Reverb? Curious why you are selling it? It sounds really, really good.

1 Like

Oh thanks I need to take it down, my cat got surgery a couple weeks ago and there were some additional unanticipated costs ($$$) that had me worried for a moment. Interestingly enough we have not been billed for these costs? Which is good, the vet kinda messed up. My kitty is healing well now btw :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I really enjoy how slim and hands on it is! Easy to change sounds on the fly and a lot of options if I wanted to dig deep for some more complex timbres. It’s a good pair with the digitakt, although the midi implementation and the mod parameters have some quirks. I’m still in the learning phase.

I’m going to email the company today to see if there is anything I can do about frequency tracking with midi. It’s…uhh…full of character haha

1 Like

I just built a DIY kit version of Rebel Technology/Befaco Witch. At default it’s polysynth with MPE but can be anything thanks to OWL platform. Similar approach like Axoloti but different. Liking it so far for it’s compactness and flexibility

2 Likes

What is the smallest and sleekest multi-fx unit out there? I’m looking for one to pair with my OP-Z.

I have a Zoom MS70CDR but it is pretty bulky and has 1/4 inch jacks.

I had a Korg NTS-1 but the lack of BPM sync to most fx means a lot of fiddling to get it setup right.

Portability is important, bonus if it has an internal battery. Needs midi clock to stay in sync. Needs to be able to have multiple fx going at once.

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 Like

Korg NTS-1. but beware, it’s really flimsy.

1 Like

Korg KPmini2 has sync to incoming audio, nice selection of fx, pretty under rated, records to micro SD card too.

2 Likes

From the op-z manual…

‘ you can use usb to stream the stereo audio signal straight to your computer. connect it over usb and OP–Z will show up as a class compliant plug and play audio interface. refer to your digital audio workstation (daw) manual on how to set it up for your specific needs’

So the smallest and sleekest, battery powered device, with midi sync etc., would be an iOS phone running AUM with the hundreds of FX available. Next sleekest and still small would be iPAd Mini. Mini would be great because of usb-c.

1 Like

You can mod the CDR70 with 3.5mm stereo in/out, I posted pics of this mod in the CDR thread :wink:

2 Likes

Norns, if you’re into that sort of thing.

1 Like

Thanks for these suggestions!

@chaocrator
Had an NTS-1 already. Nice and light but yes a little flimsy. Sounded great but the lack of patch memory and no bpm matching function make it unviable. :confused:

@darenager
Great shout, I hadn’t thought of this one. Looks like it offers lots of effects not offered by op-z. :star_struck:

@Suspect_Frequency
I’m more looking for hardware to use with the green line module, rather than audio over usb (which frequently gets disgustingly crunchy and torn out the op-z). Haven’t used my iPhone for music yet. Is it possible to run effects and record audio/video? :face_with_monocle:

@sinedied
That sounds dodgy but I’m interested if it isn’t too invasive/destructive. I will check that thread :nerd_face:

@alspacka
Norns intrigues me but also confuses me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: