LØSTLVLS Sonic Potions x Erica Synths LXR-02 Sample Pack

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well! I recently picked up an LXR-02 from the good folks at Erica Synths. I had a great time programming my own kits, patterns and projects, and wanted to share with you the samples I made along the way.

The LXR-02 is a really cool little box. It’s completely digital and the range of sounds you can get out of it is amazing. You can go from vintage thump to full-on gabber hellscapes and everything inbetween. You can tell this was a labour of love for the guy at Sonic Potions, and it’s great that Erica Synths created the second iteration of the device, pre-assembled and built like a proverbial outhouse.

This pack features 192 samples - 64 kicks, 64 hi-hats and 64 snares, ranging from vintage tones to in-your-face excess. Perfect for electronic dance music such as techno and house, but equally at home in breakbeat and hip-hop roles. All individual samples are encoded in 24-bit and 48khz sample rate.

There are also three sample chains provided with the download, including .ot files designed for use with the Elektron Octatrack (pre-sliced sample chains), which allow for the kicks, hats and snares to be used from three big samples rather than 128. These sample chains are presented in 24-bit and 44.1khz sample rate so they work better with the Octatrack, though the samples will work nicely in any sampler such as those from Native Instruments, Akai, Roland, Elektron, Korg, Pioneer, Synthstrom and 1010 Music, as well as all DAWs that have a built-in sampler.

Finally, there is an Ableton Live Drum Selector rack (will work in Live Suite only) which allows you to program a pattern and change the sample with the turn of an encoder, as well as alter decay, pitch, distortion, compression and more with ease.

The pack is priced at £3.99, which I feel is fair for the amount of work that went into it - each sound has been subtly boosted with dynamic EQ, saturation, compression and limiting they sound really full and alive right out of the box.

Click here to be taken to the pack

Feel free to check out my other packs and support my future endeavours!

Let me know if you want my packs but don’t have a Bandcamp account and we can sort something out.

13 Likes

I’d certainly purchase this if I wasn’t an LXR02 owner. The Pulsar and Microtonic packs are great.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, appreciate it mate! More to come.

Love the Tanzbar and Pulsar-23 packs - this is high on the shopping list!

1 Like

Sounds very interesting! Can you offer it via gumroad.com? Or are their fees to high?

Thanks so much! I’m thinking of upgrading the Tanzbär samples soon for more oomph, keeping the originals alongside.

I think it’s time to move over to Gumroad. Bandcamp charge an additional 6%!

3 Likes

Can’t wait! :wink:

1 Like

Awesome! Was looking for something like this for my OT. Picked up the DFAM pack as well. You had me at “gabber monstrosities” :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Hi, great sounds, thanks. Would you consider releasing them as kits for the LXR 02? Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you! I would love to, however I had to sell the LXR-02 to find future endeavours… If I get one again I’ll have to put some kits together. Such a great machine.

1 Like

Oh man I did not know you did a Tanzbar sample pack, awesome. That drum machine is so good.

Oh yeah, that’s such a unique little drum machine! It’s proper old-skool, takes effects really well. :smiley:

1 Like

wanted to add samples but I get this off the sd card…but I get this

1 Like

That’s the SD card from your LXR. The LXR-02 cannot load samples. The OG LXR can but they are very limited in total size (500kb ish!) so just for transients/beefing up the synth engine. These sample packs are made from the LXR but intended for use in other machines so people who don’t own an LXR can get some of its sounds on their sampler of choice.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info and response. Bought it awhile back and after few uses but it back in the box to sell but forgot about it till I noticed the 02 was out. Time to put it out to sell.

Appreciate the update about the samples conditions.

1 Like

If you’re selling because of annoying limitations to its sequencer you should check out the Brendan Clarke firmware (for the OG LXR only) - adds loads of useful functions that might make you reconsider!

http://brendanclarke.com/files/LXR

2 Likes

was not aware of this …thank you.

if I may bother you

not very familiar with the firmware upgrade with this one…is it drap and copy??? as you can see there is no folder but zip files.

Yeah it’s pretty simple. Download the firmware from git hub and read the readme. Them you simply copy and paste the firmware.bin file to the SD card, stick it in and do a button combo on launch to load the firmware.

Here’s a link to the git hub master page:

Click ‘view code’, download the firmware.bin file from the firmware folder and copy that to your SD card. Make sure it’s called ‘FIRMWARE.BIN’ or it won’t work. You don’t need the other files - they are for building/compiling a different version of the firmware.

Then follow the instructions for updating the firmware in the LXR manual here:

http://wiki.sonic-potions.com/index.php/LXR_Owners_Manual#Firmware_update

See this link for all the midi CC numbers for external control:
http://brendanclarke.com/files/LXR/lxr-midi-assign.txt

2 Likes

Very grateful and appreciative of your help and time.

Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Love to help!

Several great features of the BC firmware:

Pattern scaling - you can X the pattern length up to 8 times, reducing resolution when using normal steps, but you can use sub steps to get 32, 64, 128 length patterns!

Step and sub step copy and paste!! Which baffles me that it wasn’t in the original firmware tbh.

2 Likes