Losing faith in the Analog Rytm

@mkdsl and all AR unfortunate users, there is something I’m not sure to undestand.
Are those pads behaving wrongly only in Mute mode?.. Or in any mode?
Thanks!

I have just bought new pad sensor ( sensor film) from Elektron, and it’s like having a new machine, mine flip pad mute’s to and was impossible to use as finger drums, but now, wow

5 Likes

Ahhh sorry .

Don’t worry, missed it anyway :joy:

Wow I didn’t even know you could get these! How did you order it, did you speak to Elektron direct?

Yes, write to Elektron , and tell them your problem , and ask for sensor film, 8 euro+ shipping,. https://youtu.be/yChzru-TRH0?si=UOTMQXrTfCWYtgT6

4 Likes

Thanks for this!

depends on your needs

Just going to add a data point.

One Rytm MkI
One Rytm MkII
Two TR-8S
One TR-8
Two Analog 4 MkI
One Analog 4 MkII
Two Syntakt
Five Digitakt
Four Digitone
Two Digitone Keys
Two RD-8
One RD-8 MkII
One MD2 (non-UW)
One MM MkI
One MM MkII
Two SID Station
One SID Station Ninja
One Model:Cycles
Two Model:Samples

ZERO ISSUES

In the last 5-7 years or so. (Except the SID Stations)

I’m not a corporate yes-man. I’ve had my share of things that just don’t didn’t work for me. But, I have never had a device that didn’t arrive with issues…. …have… …issues…

4 Likes

I apologize for the stream-of-consciousness interjection, but the thread title instantly made me think:

That’s me in the corner
That’s me in the spotlight
Losing my A-Rytm

Anyway. As you were.

7 Likes

I might just be stoned, but what is this a list of?

3 Likes

It’s a list of “bliss”. I guess?

No issues.

Counterpoint to “my XX broke down”

And, for my part…

I’ve just never had an Elektron instrument misbehave.

my stop button has also started to get unresponsive sometimes. one out of three times needs more than one press to work. what is the fix for those presses?

This aged terribly,
I’m now here with two Rytms, enjoying 6 dual VCOs :see_no_evil::skull:

I don’t find the mk2 hardware that much better to be honest, but nonetheless, the sound… :heart:

10 Likes

I got the pad film through the post this morning and I’ve just installed it. Pretty straightforward job and I took the opportunity to give the faceplate a good clean before reassembly. The most time consuming bit was all the screws that hold the control board onto the front panel. One slightly disconcerting thing was several of the chassis screws on the back were already loose? I bought the unit (Mk2 in grey) a few years ago brand new and I’ve never been near it with a tool so I’m not sure what’s going on there? I’m lucky that I didn’t lose any as a few were only a couple of turns from coming straight out. One to keep an eye on.

Fingers crossed the mute mode now holds up. Next job it to update to 1.70

3 Likes

What do they charge for it, if I may ask?

1 Like

I had an issue with my MD MK1, my cat decide to walk using the encoder and one encoder suffer from that.
Repair of the encoder on multiple Elektron because after few years they begin to have wooble.

And one day, I decide to repair badly a Rythm MK1, I put the ribbons cable between the two board the wrong way. Had to sent it back to Elektron.
And they were able to repair it for small cost.

If I could say the same from any other company I have buy hardware from…
Fantastic customer service.
The old elektron box had poor encoder that’s a fact ! No issue with the new one so far !

1 Like

had the same pad issue with 2 gray mk2. Never had a problem with mk1, I love mk1s