Loopy Pro Has Been Released!

Oh! Thanks

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately Iā€™m not quite so mega-talented!

3 Likes

Do you know of a way to reach the right Michael? I was confused because in your posts above you seemed really close to the project! Sorry about the confusion.

Itā€™s coming :slight_smile:

At the end of the tutorial that appears when you open the app he leaves his email and goes as far as stating that ā€˜he loves to hear knew ideasā€™

My kinda guy!!!

1 Like

Thanks, I missed that but hopefully can retrieve the tutorial or the email address directly!

Just check out the Audiobus forum. Heā€™s definitely in there :ok_hand:

2 Likes

First post on this page in fact.

1 Like

You can post in the Loopy Pro thread on the Audiobus forum, or email him: support@atastypixel.com

2 Likes

wow, loopy pro looks sick!
probably time to upgrade my ipad mini gen 1 it seems

weird - this was a feature in Loopy HD already

Loopy Pro is apparently a complete rewrite, not a feature bump.

I was tempted to get a 1010BB and I thought the same when I saw the demo for thisā€¦ my only concern is stability - on TheSoundTestroomā€™s demo it had a terrible crash out of nowhereā€¦ and I perform live, so I really need that to work flawlessly. Maybe Iā€™ll wait it out for a whileā€¦ have any of you tried loading super long files? ie. 10 minutes or so

I tried loading 128 bars long samples, which is the maximum I use with the blackbox: no problems.

But youā€™re right, my blackbox is battle tested while Loopy pro is new and probably has a few bugs to be discovered. Iā€™ll give it time, but it looks super promising and is already great at home where the stability is not as important than on stage.

1 Like

Loopy in Drambo of course :crazy_face:

I will probably be more on ipad os for the commute next year, will give this a spin soon! Was also thinking going blackbox, but changed my mind completely in favor of the ipad.

Haha I gotta hand it to him for the DAW ā€œdoorā€ joke.

With the right audio midi interface, itā€™s like having 30 rc505s on your iPad.

Have you used loopers much before? Itā€™s one of the best instant inspiration tools Iā€™ve ever used.

I currently use Enso with AUM after not really liking loopy hd, but this looks like all my issues are addressed.

1 Like

Iā€™m also looking forward to testing this out to replace my Blackbox. No doubt the BB has its proā€™s, like the built in audio interface with multiple outs, HP out, MIDI hosting/device support, etc etc. With Loopy youā€™ll need to integrate other pieces to build up the same functionality. But something about the 1010 software development process bothers me. I feel like BB is trying to serve too many use cases and as such, it doesnā€™t do any of them that well. We just got 2.0 and it still feels like its compromises are not acceptable to me. With Loopy it seems we have a much more focused dev roadmap.

Is 29.99 permanent or intro price?