Loopy Pro Has Been Released!

Is it, by any chance, a midi sequencer ? So far as I can tell, looks like audio sequencing/looping only ?

1 Like

7 Day free trial, that seems like a fair period to evaluate if its for you or not, Iā€™m definitely going to give it a fair crackā€¦ Fwiw Iā€™m a drambo and bm3 user too and Iā€™m wondering the sameā€¦

1 Like

@captain8 Can you change the thread title to show this is out now?

2 Likes

MIDI sequencing is on the roadmap but not in version 1.0. Itā€™s likely a few months away but is definitely coming. In the meantime, you can add MIDI AUv3s like Atom 2 as a MIDI source to send note data to AUv3 instruments and then record that output in a loop.

4 Likes

Nice reply and useful for me whoā€™s more of a sequencer kind of person, since my timing and playing skills are shocking Iā€™ll probs stick to BM or drambo, thanks for the inputā€¦

1 Like

It is indeed all that! Itā€™s such a solid AUv3 host and mixer that you can effectively make it a looper version of AUM. Also, as an owner of Drambo, youā€™ll likely appreciate that audio track functionality isnā€™t quite there yet in that app (itā€™s a bit fiddly to use Flexi Samplers as pseudo-audio tracks). Load Loopy Pro as an AUv3 in Drambo and it adds another dimension to Drambo sequencing. You can do a ton of voice work or recording of Drambo track outputs in there as loops, and play them at will. Iā€™ve played about a bit with this, and the Holy Grail of workflow for me, which Iā€™ve been working out in my head but is essentially Elektron equivalent + live looping, seems like itā€™s going to be possible! Worth mentioning that Dramboā€™s next update is going to be ridiculously good and add a fuckton of functionality, but is probably still a few weeks away.

8 Likes

This looks very cool and I will give it a spin for sure :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve betaā€™d this as well. Its not there for me (yet), but Iā€™m still purchasing to support this dev.

2 Likes

Amazing!!! Just downloaded and about to jump in!!!

This looks cool, I was just looking into a iOS AU hosts.

Maybe itā€™s right in front of me, but in the absence of a manual, is it possible to reverse a loop?

Not yet; itā€™s a promised improvement in the next year.

5 Likes

?!nooS .esrever ,sey ,tuB .etaluceps ot naem tā€™nod I ?noos kcab gnimoc sā€™ti ebyaM .ti od ot rellortnoc IDIM a pam ot yaw yna dnif I nac ron ,eromyna ti od tā€™nac I .ateb eht fo segats ylrae eht ni pilc a esrever ot deganam I

3 Likes

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean nibh nisi, maximus blandit nulla quis, fermentum vulputate tortor. Integer sollicitudin ut erat quis consectetur. Nullam accumsan at ante at congue. Morbi augue lorem, aliquam a interdum tincidunt, pretium quis libero.

.noos yllufepoH

yub llā€™I yad taht nO

1 Like

FWIW Iā€™m a sequencer type of person as well but after using LoopyPro for a couple weeks i now have a ton more confidence recording to loopsā€¦slicing and dicing as usual in Drambo and building from this added dimension.

Once you get in to the whole workflow and how it flows naturally with Dramboā€¦you will dig it the most :wink::facepunch:t3:ā„¢

And that goes for everyone. Itā€™s a truly great app on iOS.

1 Like

Loopy Pro is fantastic!!! Itā€™s what the iOS audio environment needed, to me itā€™s a real upgrade to AUM and gives me the functionality Iā€™ve been missing and then some (widgets!!! Baaaam).

Bought it right away, worth every penny.

2 Likes

What a superb piece of software that is ! For my use case, itā€™s completely killing my Blackbox. I now have a completely self-contained and portable environment from producing (Drambo) to playing (Loopy Pro), with unparalleled flexibility and quality. Good times !

1 Like

Are you hosting Drambo in Loopy, or Loopy in Drambo?

Hi Michael, I just installed Loopy Pro it it looks amazing! For my use, it may become the main app to then host other instruments and effects apps.

Iā€™m using the iPad with a SP 404 MKII (fairly new so Iā€™m exploring workflows). One thing that I find out is that to record a rythmical sample in the SP and start the recording ā€œin timeā€, it seems beneficial to have the SP as the master clock.

The reason is that I can start the recording by pressing a pad on the SP, so it starts on time. The opposite isnā€™t true, if I start an app that sends sync to the SP, the pad (pattern) doesnā€™t start.

So, long story short, Iā€™d love to be able to use Loopy Pro as a MIDI clock slave, and from what I see it isnā€™t available. I know itā€™s hard to talk about future plans but itā€™s worth a try - would you consider offering MIDI clock slave capabilities?

Cheers and congratulations are in order, stunning release!

1 Like

I think you are mixing up your Michaels

6 Likes