Loopcloud x Digitakt II?

I know the Digitakt II has just been freshly released and software updates are starting to roll out but I was just wondering if there still happens to be a connection between Loopmasters Loopcloud and the new Digitakt? I really loved the Looplcloud integrated sample / file transfer features. The new Digitakt doesn’t seem to offer this (yet?) I can see the Digitakt II within the Loopcloud dashboard but I cannot connect it currently. Would be a bummer if this feature wouldn’t be available anymore. Cheers in advance. Here’s a Youtube video link explaining this integration for Digitakt I: https://youtu.be/ALPnygk1qTs

I’ve also added a screenshot of the Elektron sidebar in Loopcloud :wink:Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 16.13.14

4 Likes

Yeah, it looks like the integration isn’t ready yet. It’s definitely not just your DT II.

6 Likes

Someone mentioned that it might have to do with Overbridge not yet being available for the Digitakt II. So I guess we’ll just have to wait :wink:

4 Likes

Hopefully the Loopcloud features will be brought to something standalone from Loopcloud. I did demo 2 months of Loopcloud with Digitakt and they are solid - but I think many folks won’t bother with something (or even be aware of its existence) as a subscription service. IMO many of the features would be at home in Transfer.

I suspect the work on the integrations in this case were developed by equal parts Loopcloud & Elektron so they might even be under ownership of Loopcloud though.

Yeah I also think it’s somewhat annoying to have to rely on a subscription to get features that should be built in. I don’t get how Transfer still is less intuitive to use than Loopcloud’s file transfer (at least for me). Might be changed in the future. Let’s see.

1 Like

What features do you mean? If it’s the sample library or the ability to play back the samples before you send them to the DT?

Loopcloud is one of the best sample services available via the cloud. You can sync it directly to your DAW or Digitakt and listen to hundreds of samples quickly all sync’d to the start of the loop at the BPM your DAW or Digitakt is playing. I generally start by selecting a drum kick and pulling it to my Digitakt. Then I sequence the kick, and start searching through the library for a snare. Keeping going until you have a kit.

I reserve tracks 5-8 for the longer vocal samples. I pick my key, preview a bunch of samples against my current beat, and then load up a few dozen to my DT’s RAM.

It’s one of the best tools I’ve ever found for the DT and severely under-rated. I won’t even consider a purchase of DT2 until it’s available. I might even buy a second DT if it doesn’t become available.

4 Likes

Totally agree. The convenience of importing samples with Loopcloud onto the Digitakt is simply insane. I purchased the Digitakt II in the hopes that it would work and am already regretting it, cause it didnt lol! Just waiting it out now…

Previewing loops in realtime (synced) and being able to directly import them onto the according track via drag and drop.

2 Likes

I really want this as well

1 Like

Also hoping for this asap. Very powerful workflow.

1 Like

Here’s a nice video by “Red Means Recording” that perfectly illustrates what I mean: https://youtu.be/AHs3UYpb5Js

If TL;DW, you can drag and drop samples inside Loopcloud directly onto tracks of the active pattern on the DT. You can imagine how much of a workflow saver this is.

1 Like

It really is insane.

Yeah…big time saver…need that to…plus to get a midi/clock signal into Loopcloud for sync preview without OB/Daw….guess it takes time to update this.

1 Like

There is also a possibility that Elektron only had a contract with them for DT1. Could mean they are updating transfer/and/or Overbridge to do these things for the new device. Would be kind of even more fragmented though.

1 Like

Either way, I’d be happy about a more flawless way of importing samples. The Loopcloud integration is pretty much what I’m looking for. Sucks that you have to pay the subscription but I’d take that into account given the convenience of importing and managing files on the Digitakt. I guess we can simply just wait… :wink: