Introducing Digitakt II

I could not find anyone talking about song mode inplementation yet. Is it still impossible to select a pattern to not start at the begining?

I’ve been doing my best to avoid this thread …. So apologies if asked/clarified before - is this the same chorus as the DN?

As I understood it, we need an updated version of Transfer for them to send samples via USB file transfers rather than MIDI.
That’s why it’s so slow right now.

I don’t think so.
Transfer uses USB and seemed fast enough to me last time I used it.
I’ll check this again when I’m back home.

Will they stretch automatically, to retain a constant length, when playing chromatically?

Did you ever find out more on this? Just bought a LoopCloud subscription in anticipation of my DT2 arrival and now I’m Hearing it does not work :neutral_face:

I was hesitant but then took the plunge as last week I got a promotional email to get 1 year subscription for 50% off. And I could choose the cheapest one paying 35 eur for a year. I think that’s worth it considering I also kept the DT1 for now, and Loopcloud is pretty good at managing my own sample library.

3 Likes

The loopcloud homepage lists these requirements:

Software version requirements to use Loopcloud x Digitakt

Before you get started, you’ll need to make sure all your software is up to date:

• You must be running Digitakt firmware version 1.50+. You can find updates for the Digitakt firmware here.
  • You must be running Overbridge 2.3.9+. You can find updates for Overbridge here.
  • You must be running Loopcloud 7.1.3+. You can download the latest version here.

Since overbridge DT2 isn’t ready yet, requirements aren’t met.

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Patience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

BUMP ! DT2 owners, please :wink:
Tomorrow is too long to wait…

1 Like

Okay this gives me hope ^^. Let’s wait for the Digitakt II Overbridge. With that the connection to Loopcloud might be re-established.

I’m interested to see how it handles longer samples (4 or 8 bars) . I think the update is great but I had wished for more fx possibilities and maybe a simple looper. I’ll likely still get one in the long term though.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the MIDI sequencer on DT2 (or 1) can record MIDI CC information such as sustain and stuff? I’m trying to decide if it will be adequate to sequence my keyboard playing. I know there is only 4 note polyphony which is a bit of s strike against it. Thanks

1 Like

I agree that this is a limitation I’d love to see gone. Digitone does 8, do it should be possible elsewhere :wink:
Maybe it’s all a matter of UX: I suggested one way directly to the dev, but I’ll keep suggesting it in the future I guess :wink:

Now you can use two tracks to get more notes. Granted you’ll have to get at least one loop to be able to record a second pass, but it’s doable. Note that with each new MIDI track comes new LFOs and possible CCs automations.

As for CCs, you should indeed be able to record them from outside the DT, if that’s what you’re talking about: I still haven’t tested this on last firmware though.
And, of course, you can record automations on CCs with plocks :slight_smile:
Be more precise in what you need, I’m not sure I answered your question.

4 Likes

Thanks.
Well the main thing is sustain and pitch/mod wheel, if I’m recording keyboard into the DIgitakt to MIDI sequence an external synth there are times where I would want my sustain and mod wheel CC to be recorded.

1 Like

Can anyone point me to a video that best demonstrates the new features of Digitakt II? Like trig mode, portamento, etc? Thanks!

Loopop.

And this one.

10 Likes

As cool as Elektron sequencer is, it wouldn’t be my first choice for recording keyboard playing (unless it’s just simple chords/melodies). It excels at step sequencing and p-locking internal engine. It’s not just 4 note polyphony, you can’t even have notes of different lengths in one step…

9 Likes

Yeah, it definitely lends itself to more “computerized” sequencing of notes.

1 Like

More and more Digitakt MKI showing up on eBay… Around 500 Euros. If they go lower I might consider getting a backup one. :wink: