Looking for a sequencer to sequence patterns

I use beatmaker 3 on iPad, it has a scene like thing as well. Bram Bos Rozeta can do some interesting midi stuff too

I think I found the answer : lemur app on iPad or even iPhone. Should do the job decently.

1 Like

Still, I’m curious.
How do you guys do to organize and structure songs on several machines ? Very naive question, but still…

Sounds like you’re looking for Ableton Session View in hardware form, which to me looks like the Akai Force.

1 Like

Thanks, but I just want to manually trigger sets of Program Changes. That would be overkill.

I just built one myself. For unter 60$ you can buy the device to run the code. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen this ! Really interesting. I’ll have a closer look to see if it fits my workflow. My goal is basically to set “song parts” that are sets of PCs. These have to be kept in memory as “songs”. Then, on the device, have a button to trigger the next song part, and so on.

Ah, so you basically still want to trigger parts manally, but you don’t want to trigger patterns but patter-chains?
So for example:
Pattern1, Pattern2 and Pattern3x2 are the Verse, and Pattern4, Pattern 2 and Pattern7 are Hook, Pattern6 and Pattern7 are the Breakdown and you just want to have 3 pattern without the need to do that “Micromanagement”?

No, that’s not how I want to work. I want to trigger “song parts” manually on three machines.

for example :

Let’s say my OT receives PCs on channel 11, the DN on ch 12, and MD on ch 13.

part 1 : ch 11 PC 45, ch 12 PC 01, ch 13 PC 98
part 2 : ch 11 PC 76, ch 12 PC 54, ch 13 PC 08
part 3 : ch 11 PC 67, ch 12 PC 44, ch 13 PC 66

basically, one part consists on 3 patterns, one for each machine.

1 Like

Oh I see. You need something to clean up the mess :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be possible to built, but I think, that its one step too complicated to be handled on the Trellis, because of it restrictions in the UI :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, one could see it that way. I love to freely make patterns on the machines, then try to gather them afterwards.
A screen interface would be awesome. Currently looking into using the Lemur app for this. Just need a way to connect a MIDI interface (a camera connection kit is on its way).

Or you could make a patch on your Organelle :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an idea !

I used the ot midi sequencer with a bome box for such duties.

Notes->Pchg

Basically you can use every features of the ot ( trig condition, arps etc…) and apply them to pattern selection.

Another interesting idea.
I’ll take some time to thing about the best solution for me.

As a side note since you seem to look for every possible solution, I’m now using a morningstar mc6 for controlling everything.
it sends clocks, pc etc…what is interesting is that you have 32 messages per stomp, 6 stomps per page and two page per bank on 30 banks. Press, long press, double tap can trigger different messages,pc etc… Since you are looking for something manual…( Footual ? :slight_smile: )

It replaced my bomebox and my sipario which I used as a mini daw hence its quite powerfull arrangement possibilities. Since I don’t have an AK anymore its splits and routing options became a bit overkill though…

No problem, only solutions ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didn’t know this little box.

Lab4music announced a sipario extended with more midi ports at namm this year. Could really make a nice pocket visual arranger…

Funny I saw that box yesterday evening on a pedalboard and was wondering what it was :slight_smile:

If it were me, I would simply program the Program Change messages into Parts on the OT. When you switch pattern to a pattern that is linked to a new Part, the Program Change messages are sent. There would be no need for any external box.

There may be reasons why this would not fit your needs.

1 Like