Looking for a instrument with an inspiring interface

Ha is that meant to look like a Rythymwolf?! Haha

1 Like

44acf425e9bd9419df7c6c0971ac063d411750a7

2 Likes

Oh behave!

1 Like

The Lyra is really a nice instrument (I love mine) and “no” it isn’t a one trick pony.

But you’ll need to be aware that it absolutely demands hands-on control, because it doesn’t provide even a MIDI port.

2 Likes

Have you used the gate and voice cv control much?

While I have toyed around with them (using an A4) I haven’t found them that useful for what I doing due to their “all-or-nothing” nature. I mean you don’t gain any fine control with them. They influence all voices at once.

For me the most useful control input is CV delay when using the Lyra as effects unit.

2 Likes

I use gate for time based repetition of a sound, dial in a sound let it ring out a few times (might sample) and change it up. Voice has not been used here.

1 Like

What do ya’ll make of this idea?
I could get the case and lyra8fx now, to use with my digitakt, then in a couple months get the dfam

4 Likes

poor dude got bullied so mercilessly for that video. glad he had a sense of humour about it!

Real simulated wood grain sides!

1 Like

An odd suggestion, you might think, but the Keystep is actually really interesting.

2 Likes

Get Microfreak for quirks and Behringer Crave for something to replace m32.

Microfreak is one of the coolest synthesizers released recently. It has so many things it’s crazy.

1 Like

I have a Microfreak and I’m about to pull the trigger on a Neutron. I think they will be a great combo and a unique source of samples for my Force.

2 Likes

Okay I am going with the cre8audio nifty case, moog DFAM, MI ears, and Soma lyra8-fx
Looking like i’ll be able to purchase just shy of $1000

any experienced eurorack users see any problems or have better recommendations for a 4hp module?

1 Like

You checked the DFAM mind melting thread, right? Some good advice there. (Trying to stay away from eurorack myself…) The DFAM + Lyra combo I think is just beatiful, think you’re making a good decision there!

2 Likes

Thank you!
I have checked it out :smiling_imp:
And will be joining soon

You can use some more BASS. Another vote for a used Moog Minitaur. How do you like your Nord Lead 2X? And what happened to the Mother-32?

I’ve heard some good bass coming from the dfam. And nl2x and DT are also great at bass
The nl2x is rad and squiggly and bright. Very expressive and fun to play. Everything is cc controlled too so it plays well with DT. Lots of polyphony, range of sound and 4 times multitimbral (haven’t even scratched that surface yet)
I traded my m32 and a AH for the AK, decksaver, gig bag, and $100

2 Likes

I want one. It sounds soooo nice and crystalline in YouTube videos. The used prices are a steal. Sorry to derail the topic. I like Moog, especially the Ext Audio In.

It is a steal. Get it. Solid purchase.
I got mine for free tho :smirk:

1 Like