Looking for a instrument with an inspiring interface

sounds like a 0-Coast :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Exactly what i thought.

I know it’s a “touch” screen, but I really don’t find apps tactile at all. Inspiring yes, if I’m on the bus or something.

Do you have one?

+1 for a 0-Coast!

Will pair super well with a DT. Lots of things to try with it, and will very probably get you in very unknown territories :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I find that “articles” about synths are usually just advertisements. That’s why I am asking the forum! Trying to gain insight from people who purchased the instruments on their own volition

1 Like

Ok I’ll read up on it, I always though it was just similar to the mother-32.

@Unifono, @sabana
I guess I want something new? And I can’t find a great price on one right now (read: no one is accepting my lowball offers :smiling_imp:)

I do! it’s such an amazing little synth. from what you said, it’ll fit perfectly in your setup:

• very different timbre and synthesis approach from AK and Nord Lead (works great with AK delay and reverb)
  • pairs perfectly with a drum machine/sampler like DT (you can get a great palette of sounds out of it and then resample it)
  • has midi/cc connectivity, although I find the programming interface a bit tedious (there’s a really handy MaxForLive device for this)
  • fits the budget :slight_smile:
2 Likes

There are only 2 things I regret trading off. An O-Coast and a DFam. I’ve recently got my old O-Coast back, and I’m on the hunt for a DFam. The OCoast and DT combo is one of the best sub 1000 combos you can have. Extremely portable, unique, inspiring, and both a joy to use. The DFam may seem like a one trick drum thing, but you’d be fooled thinking that. It’s just so immediate, unique, dirty, and fun. There are Reactor sets of the Dfam, and although they come close, definitely not the same. I had a M32 too, dont miss it, but I dearly miss the Dfam.

6 Likes

MS-20 mini for sure. it’s an endless box of fun.

2 Likes

Microvolt 3900

3 Likes

I have always loved the Monologue‘s interface.

The independently mutable note, slide, parameter steps in the sequencer. The pitch slider that can be routed to anything.
The single envelope.
It’s a total “axe”

This guy is one of my faves on this axe:

Has got both!

6 Likes

forgot to add, the 0-Coast has also an ext audio in :slight_smile:

1 Like

The day I have some cash it’ll be monologue, microbrute, reface cs, or system-1, for the same reason

He wants an inspiring Interface. For me, the Skulpt is out. And over that, the knobs feel too cheap.

I haven’t answered the OP question just the one asking for what instrument labelled as #5 was on that image

2 Likes

Sorry for that

1 Like

I had both and you‘re totally right. very fun instruments

I’ve been eyeing the dfam too!
Too many choices
I’m honestly still leaning towards the Lyra, I’m really impressed with the effects
That delay is awesome, and I have been messing with delay/looper effects a lot lately.
I’ve also been looking at the zen delay and strymon volante

1 Like

The DFAM with the Oversynth Tokyo overlay… yea, that’s the stuff right there:

6 Likes