Looking for a instrument with an inspiring interface

My birthday is in a couple weeks!
I want a new instrument, and my budget is ~$500
I’m very close to ordering a lyra 8, but it is above my budget, and I’m worried it is kind of a one trick pony.

I currently own a DT, AK, and nord lead 2x. I use ableton.

I used to have a mother 32, and I miss the exploratory and tactile qualities of that synthesizer. The
one knob per function interface + patchbay were very inspiring to me.

What would you recommend? I feel covered sonically with what I have, I am looking for a instrument with a inspiring and tactile interface. Bonus points for midi cc control and ext audio in.

My DT is hungry.
Thanks!

If you could find a bit more cash ->Voltage Research Lab. Midi enabled, has like 100 patch points. pairs well with weird west coast touch controllers.

maybe a used Polyend Medusa?

2 Likes

https://www.landscape.fm/stereofield

Unfortunately no midi but it does have audio inputs. Maybe another 1 trick pony but personally I like the sounds more than the Lyra 8.

3 Likes

I’m a Vermona fanboy so I can recomand you Vermona Mono Lancet 15" in this price range. Simple and beautiful mono analog synth. It can deliver the fat you miss or the warmth to improve your 2X.
Another solution is to add an analog filter to your 2X. Vermona have one, or you can find an Analog Heat MKII in this price range on used market.

3 Likes

1 Like

Any synth with a 1:1 function to knob/slider ratio is inspiring to me. Just quick dialing in.

1 Like

Microfreak
Minitaur
Doepfer Dark Energy

1 Like

@Riuozami, the microfreak was actually on my list. people really seem to love it and it is cheap

@Leo-iSL, any inspiring videos of the stereo field that you know of?

@nilsec, no more monies :man_shrugging:

Can’t go wrong with videos/demos by Knobs.

1 Like

Yes for the price it offers a lot, they launched a new firmware that seems to add even more features than the original release

1 Like

MIcrofreak - will feed your DT very well as it’s capable of so much more than I think most realise. In my opinion one of the best instrument’s you can buy in it’s price range - and better still it’s a lot of fun to use.

2 Likes

Maybe you should buy the new issue of FM and read through their comparison of eight inspiring cheapo synths.

3 Likes

how about a mother32 ?

9 Likes

What’s #5? :thinking:

Modal thingy

1 Like

Minilogue XD desktop?

1 Like

Referring to the image posted by @Wolf-Rami I can tell that the Microfreak and the Neutron could be, what you are looking for. I had much fun and they provide many different sound options.

2 Likes

Cheap Ipad with carefully selected apps ( borderlands,tc20,drambo…) 300 bucks, 400 with an audio interface and Cam kit. :sunglasses:

I can’t believe, I’m that guy…:rofl:

2 Likes

MicroFreak

2 Likes

Modal Skulpt

1 Like