Logic Pro X (Session View update) vs. Ableton Live

Looks like Logic will be incorporating some Ableton features. Will this convert you if you’re an Ableton user? https://www.gearnews.com/logic-pro-x-to-get-session-view-clip-launching-feature/

2 Likes

I have both, but I’m still planning to stick with Ableton. I like the UI style, M4L, FX/instruments, etc.

2 Likes

I have both, but been using live since version 5. All that muscle memory is built in. This includes shortcuts and all.

Logic should modernize ultrabeat though

4 Likes

Now it’s official.

6 Likes

Sampler, simpler, step sequencer, and live loops. This is a solid shot at Ableton. Very nice.

Logic remote updated too.

6 Likes

Yes it is. I’m downloading today. Ableton session is something that I’m so used to and I use max for live a lot too.

Bad news: Mojave or Catalina only. :frowning:

3 Likes

looks really great, but for the most part, they included features, that made me switch to ableton in the first place…
I‘m so used to ableton now and use max for live a lot… anyway. Great new features from my point of view

1 Like

Damn. I had other plans today. :laughing:

Let’s see what this is about.

Please god, don’t make me save the sampler every time I make a new one. PLEASE!!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Funny this, I opened garage band on my iPad last night after maybe a year and thought wow this is actually pretty decent clip launching and drum step sequencer ,
next day all was added to logic… looks like a nice improvement

2 Likes

Wow, pretty big update. I like the new quick sampler (simpler?) too.

Looks like I am not upgrading. I rather have legacy apps that work in high Sierra than lose it in Mojave

oooh my gosh! I was jumping on the bitwig bandwagon … but maybe still taking my old Dampflock.

Big question: is it a really stable release??? I have to work on a remix for the next days. The new Logic Features are welcome additions to a remixing worklow … if its stable

the drum sequencer in ios gb is really fun :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Never upgrade software in the middle of a project!!

7 Likes

:blush: You never realize how much time you’ve put into a DAW (Ableton) until you play with another one (Logic).

Ahhhhhh…

1 Like

Never upgrade while in the middle of a project. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Even your EQ or compressor settings may not sound right so you will have to do all the work again. Use the new version as a sandbox or a way of starting a new project. Simple bugs like track volume can ruin your project without you knowing. I remember when I went from live 5 to 6 the volume of my audio tracks were off by a decibel or two then warp markers were missing on my loops too.

1 Like

Anyone know the key command to make the sequencer start from the original play start position?

I don’t own Logic, but man I have to give it up to Apple for their update philosophy. Amazing what they’ve added to Logic Pro X since it was first released, this sort of perpetual license is the polar opposite to something like Bitwig’s or Adobe’s model.

Maybe it’s finally time to buy a copy of Logic…

3 Likes

Yup. I’m a Reaper user but I’m teetering on the edge of swapping to Logic now. Ditched Adobe apps years ago and went with Affinity. Haven’t regretted it for a second.

3 Likes