Logic Pro X + Overbridge + Digi´s

it’s not the most intuitive thing to set up! Took me ages to get it set up originally, and I’m still not sure that there isn’t a better or more direct way :slight_smile:

1 Like

only thing i’m foggy on now is the A4 effects track - the audio appears dry from the recordings of the 4 track outputs, and nothing is metering from the FX)

Global settings, you can route audio to FX.
OB individual tracks come out dry.

1 Like

Do it once, and save as template.
Next time itll load with no setup. Advantageous to create templates for your most used recording setups.

Not everything is one click. Setup is necessary.
I think the setup is pretty simple compared to days gone by.

1 Like

this is what I’ve now done. Major time saver.

1 Like

Thank so much for posting this!
Installed Overbridge yesterday and your post was the simplest one to understand when it comes to setting it up in Logic (the manual isn’t much help yet - and I’m not the most experienced when it comes to all these terms :slight_smile: )

I have sound coming and plugin working - and can record 8 audio tracks after routing busses and so forth, but there’s a few things that puzzles me:

In your screen shot you’ve got audio coming through on aux 9 (digi 11), I don’t get anything. Got the 1xstereo 9xmono setting going and the rest of the set up looks the same as yours, So what’s on aux 9?

Also, how do I get the fx from the Digitakt recorded (could that be related to aux 9)? I just get dry recordings - and even if I could do some post-tweaking, some of the effects (delay on some tracks for example) goes with the sound, sort of. The effects are coming through when listening through Logic - there’s just nothing being recorded.

1 Like

The last track is the FX track, you’re right (the last of the 9 x mono tracks). I’m not sure why you’re not getting it through – you might need to go into the Overbridge control panel on your computer to enable it, I guess, but it’s only in mono anyway so it’s not that useful at all really! You need it in stereo, so you’ll have to mess with your voice routings on the DT.

Unfortunately, I just packed my DT up for a house move so my memory may be a little hazy, but IIRC to get the wet FX you need to go into the global settings (the cog button), and then go to voice routing. Switch off the routing to the main output for all of the tracks except the FX track. Then you can send the main output to another bus and record the FX by itself in stereo, while still getting all of the other tracks on their own channels. Hope that helps, if not I can try to give better instructions when I’m back set up at the new place

1 Like

Thank you! That seems to have done the trick.
Still nothing on 9 (see nowhere to enable it in the control panel), but the global settings and routing main output to another bus worked. That leaves me with 8 dry tracks and one with sound+fx (and a whole lot of routing going on…).

I’m sure Overbridge will provide a few more obstacles (it’s beta, after all), but as long as I can record separate tracks with fx and some automation I’m happy (I think).

Thanks again and good luck with the move :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At least on my A4mk1 the last track (in my case 5th, or 6th if you count main), is not the FX by itself but actually the (dry) external input. So it’s silent as long as there’s nothing connected, of course. Is that the same on the DN/T?

2 Likes

Oh, yes, you might be right about that last channel, it could be monitoring the ext in and not FX, which would explain why @Kontainer isn’t seeing anything on that channel . I’m just going by my hazy recall and can’t check as my DT is still in a box :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ah… Sounds like that could be it. I’ll check the next time I got it hooked up @senor-bling @spikysimon

This is my setup as well (posted by spikysimon). I configured it yesterday exactly like that and today I saw this thread :slight_smile:
And the AU-plugins finally fixed my sync problems I had previously when recording directly on audio tracks. Now it’s possible for me to record long and short loops on separate tracks and layer them together without bothering about sync issues.

Although some issues that still not resolved:

• The actual recording is always delayed one bar (leaving the first bar with no sound at all)
  • Crashes and sync-problems occur occasionally, restarting logic gets it back in business.

That’s odd, it doesn’t do that for me. The only issue I have is that recordings from OB and from my sound card are slightly out of sync, but a little nudge fixes that. I wish I was more of an OB/Logic expert so I could suggest what might fix your issue.

Hi again,

Funny thing, a month ago when I asked about this and got the answer, I just checked that I got connection and signal, witch I did. I never really recorded anything…
And now that I have actually made something that I want to record, it doesn’t! hehe

I have signal, and the play + rec works as normal, but I am not actually getting any recorded sound. The line is moving, but no sound is being recorded.

Anyone know why? :slight_smile:

You need to play around with the metronome settings i believe, Ive resolved that issue a long time ago

1 Like

You need to create audio tracks to record the audio

2 Likes

Correct. If you open audio setup app in mac itll show which ins and outs your digi is using.

1 Like

Thnx! I will try that.

1 Like

Are you using an OB plug in your DAW?

I find, while in OB mode on the boxes, if i use it just for audio and do not use the VST/AU, the boxes are in perfect sync.

When i add an OB plug, the boxes are off by 1/64.

Yeah I use the plugin. I don’t mind giving it a nudge, it’s fine.