Live hardware performances that you've found inspiring / memorable

3 Likes
1 Like

You can’t have better than this. I love Sumac Dub. Very talented.

5 Likes

That nylon string guitar! :fire:

1 Like

This got me into synths.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Not sure what is live, and what is prerecorded in this one from Blawan. I read an interview of his right before where he talks about it as his first “planned” live set, and I feel like there’s a blend of stems and modular drum machine. Anyway, the result is super inspiring:

Would give a lot to experience the actual Joshua Tree desert show of Simian during their Whorl phase:

These James Holden live shows are incredible:

Recently discovered but this set by Aurora Halal with just an OT and two synths is simplicity at its best:

6 Likes

I feel like the Boiler Room performers should get extra points just for playing with all those randos breathing down their necks

3 Likes

I had no interest in Simian Mobile Disco till i heard Tangents on the radio and discovered that Whorl record and saw them in the Union chapel (saw some special gigs there). James holden is also a favourite. Thanks for vids. I never seen Nils Frahm but this is a great performance.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Mr.G is a G! OG loved that set!!

1 Like

This one got me into hardware mixing.

6 Likes

We really need a big boy version of the Monotribe. Come on Korg, you know you want to.

2 Likes

loved these james holden sets. The album was so amazing

2 Likes

I had the pleasure of seeing SMD whorl live in Joshua tree. Can confirm, was incredible. Also a much smaller venue than you might imagine. Maybe 300 people in essentially the backyard garden of a bar out in the desert. Stars overhead were beautiful:)

2 Likes
7 Likes

Saw him like a year or two before this and he had even more gear on stage. It was great. Event was called Acid Reign, and also had Woody Mcbride, and ZTrip spinning old school breaks. That was all cool and all, but when Rother played…all the little raver kid’s brains melted into puddles on the dance floor. Was simply amazing.

3 Likes

This is exactly my sort of thread :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Nice one ! Bonus points for the ‘obscure’ OT-trick.

Reload part 1 when part 2 is active @3:42

-tweak settings part 1
-change to part 2
-reload part 1 when part 2 is active
-change to part 1
:nerd_face:

3 Likes

For all I know dataline invented the trick. I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone work an elektron box as hard as cenk, that’s why I still thought it was relevant even now.

3 Likes