LFO Filter sweep etc using a trigless trig

Pulling my hair out here.

I have a trigless trig at the beginning of a pattern p-locking the depth of an LFO controlling a gradual sweep. LFO settings: sync one.

Within the same pattern there is a HH trig. This resets the LFO depth to its original position.

How do I stop the LFO being retriggered so it can do a long sweep over say 8 bars.

Didn’t think this would be difficult. Tried to the amp settings to be TTRG still no joy.

Do not want to create a different part for such a basic task.

Any help appreciated!

Can anyone explain to me how to get an accurate filter sweep using a ramp lfo WITHOUT

• using scenes
  • neighbour machine
  • using a different part

Ideally with a trigless trig in a pattern with pre existing regular trigs.

This doesn’t seem possible sadly. ?

Add a trig condition to your trigless trig. 1/8.

Doesn’t seem to work. As soon as the sequence hits a regular trig, it resets the lfo depth.

Am I missing some sort of setting?

It appears so. Check manual page 79. For correct method to apply a trigless trig.
Sample trig>trigless lock>trigless trig.

Also, instead of a 1/8 trig condition. You could just make your hihat lane 8 bars long.

This setting resets the lfo at the beginning of the pattern. Is that what you want?

1 Like

• ONE will make the LFO restart when a sample is trigged, run for one cycle and then stop.
• SYNC ONE will restart the LFO on track start. The LFO will then play for one period.

As @sezare56 says, as long as you are using SYNC ONE and not ONE (which will restart on any trig), the reason your LFO is restarting is because it has reached your pattern/master length. If you want the LFO to run over 8 bars you either have to have your pattern length set to 8 bars (minimum), or use FREE.

1 Like

You mean the same track?

yes, within the same track. trigless trig is not doing anything. the lfo filter curve is fine when i manually turn the lfo depth up, or use a scene to do the same job.

Can anyone explain to me how to get an accurate filter sweep using a ramp lfo WITHOUT

• using scenes
  • neighbour machine
  • using a different part

Maybe you should use slides ?
And use the LFO’s to do other things ?

How do i go about doing a filter sweep using slides on the Octatrack?

Why do you want to use a trigless with a plocked depth? It works without it. (Sync One)

Do you want this sweep to happen each loop?

1 Like

Maybe slides wont be appropriated here
but they are really useful,
on a neighboor I make some long filter evolutions…

12.4.7 SLIDE TRIGS

Slide trigs can make the parameter values of a sample trig slide to the parameter values of the subse- quent sample trig. They are indicated by green [TRIG] keys. Slide trigs are entered in the TRACK TRIG EDIT menu, which is covered in section “12.9 TRACK TRIG EDIT MENU” on page 72. Slide trigs are
not available to the MIDI tracks.

Maybe you can find some tricks here : https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1K39_3D0UcjgCqGfXt4BLIpHa1x00A6FFlEhKsZ98xGI/mobilebasic

Thanks for chiming in. I have read the above.

Being able to get the trigless trig at the begining of a track (that contains other regular sample trigs), to p-lock for whole pattern duration irs what i’m really after as its useful for not just filter sweeps.

The trigless trig only seems to work for the duration of the step it inhabits. Unless there is something wrong with my unit (mkii 1.30 d)

That normal. The plocked depth value is reset by regular trigs values.

Why do you want a trigless? It works without it.
Maybe you want to use a trig condition to use the lfo only once?
It is possible if you resample your hats. Play them with 1 trig playing the recording, followed by a trigless with your trig condition after (1ST for once).

Slices would work with a Neighbor.

1 Like

“Maybe you want to use a trig condition to use the lfo only once?”

Yep, guess I wanted to do interesting things with HH and not sample the whole phrase.

Will have to use a neighbour machine, thus losing another track annoyingly.

Or maybe use my main sequencer to send out cc 48 to change scene. would be great if this was able to be done internally OBVS.

You can also change scenes with Arranger, or plock a specific pattern with desired depth (eventually recording depth with Live Recording).

Or just lfo depth.

AH yes. scene change via The Arranger! lot of scope with this…

1 Like

Still having a tough time with this… can it really be impossible?

4 Bar pattern in midi trying to get a ramped LFO controlling external synth filter to sweep for the duration of the track length. All I want is the LFO to SWITCH ON for the duration of the track.

trigless trig at the start , note length full, plocking LFO depth to max
trigless trig at the end ,plocking LFO depth to min.

no trigs inbetween these trigs

LFO set to sync one.

what the <:>> am i doing wrong…

A plock is only active for the duration of its own step. The next step continues with the corresponding track setting.

One solution would be to plock the LFO depth to max for all the steps between start and end, too.