Let my Rytm go and go with Syntakt?

Thank you :pray:

Yes a second lfo would be amazing on the rytm- a it is a very popular request

Regarding the noise, do you hear a sort of resonance when hitting the pads? It is a mechanical noise?

2 Likes

If you’re not happy with an AR, I doubt you’ll be happy with a Syntakt. Rytm is a lot more flexible. Although, Rytm might not look as cool beside your Octatrack :joy:

No way. Rytm mk2 black looks way better than the syntakt :wink::joy:

1 Like

I prefer the Syntakt to the Rytm MKII. I think it’s mainly a workflow thing, but it does sound better to my ears and I find it a lot easier to find sweet spots.

2 Likes

Killer, killer track, great vocals. Some of the best stuff I’ve heard from this forum. thanks for sharing this, keep it up!

1 Like

thank you :pray:

1 Like

I am loving the Sytakt too. Once you start flowing with it, it feels very meditative.

On Syntakt the variety of tones provided by the digital machines, improved sounding analog machines (the clarity and weight of the DVCOS are vastly improved), ideal small mid size, and especially the fx block analog filter, are major advantages over rytm. If I sold Rytm I would miss parameter slides, song mode, 8 analog filters, bass tom engine, individual outs, and samples. Sound and concept-wise Syntakt is what I had hoped Analog Rytm, Machinedrum, and Digitakt would be

5 Likes

I must say, tonight I compared my rytm and syntakt (in terms of analog machines), and i must say rytm sounded better. a bit darker/warmer perhaps? hard to explain. Perhaps the analog filters?

also, the syntakt does indeed get very warm! the analog rytm way less, and it has more analog components…

and yes the rytm is big, but this also has advantages. and the pads have their benefits indeed. All together, I guess I’m keeping both haha. 1 for ‘portable’ , and 1 for in the studio.

Come to think of it… would be fat to create some cool drum sounds with the digital machines on the syntakt and sample those in the rytm…combine them with the analog machines of the rytm… and boom!

9 Likes

But syntakt has analog tracks with analog filter so should come close?

it does come close, but rytm seemed a bit warmer.

3 Likes

That’s where the heat from the circuits goes.

5 Likes

How do people here rate the updated Syntakt sequencer as compared to Rytm (mk2). Also with regards to using it as midi sequencer for external gear, anyone also using it like that already? How much of an improvement are the new keyboard modes and its pitch scales? (I used to have a DT as midi sequencer, which comes closer to ST midi sequencer I guess; how nice is the new Keyboard Fold that ST adds?)

I don’t think I’d swap out my Rytm, but I might shelf it and get a Syntakt for drums and sequencing my 6U modular. It’ll be a lot easier to carry, and potentially I’ll like the Syntakt as midi sequencer.

Lin log envelopes please on both machines.

1 Like

The trig modifiers are very cool, which can be recorded into the sequencer. Kinda like a mix of OT scenes and MPC sixteen levels. I’d consider that a great new addition to the sequencer.

I’ve only had mine a few minutes, but the new keyboard modes/scales/folding are amazing and make recording with the buttons way more fun. I’ll be diving into it deeper tonight and maybe sequence some MIDI to Eurorack.

1 Like

The new fold keyboard and scales on the syntakt are really excellent for sequencing my modular synth. I hope elektron ads it to all of there instruments with the next round of updates.

7 Likes

this :point_up_2:

1 Like

Agreed, the midi sequencing is definitely superior on ST (especially if melodic).
The rytm has a few things going for it:

1. samples (for me was not so needed since I have an OT too)
  2. pads: for me not so needed, although I miss the mute mode on the pads, its just a nicer experience
  3. size: good and bad thing depending on how you look at it

Rytm being so focussed to be a drum machine, I can imagine these more melodically oriented sequencer functions not coming to Rytm. Just as Rytm never got full midi sequencing specs, just midi gate/pitch/velocity… I can imagine some of the functions like Fold coming to the other Digi’s though. All just speculation of course