LED light for youtube videos

Do you guys have some suggestions for some LED light, for my youtube jam videos.
I think I don’t need to spend too much here, I just want some additional lightning, so that the elektrons are clearly visible and sharp when I record at night.

Do you have experience with small, portable LED’s? Maybe with a small stand that you can put on your table. I did some research but maybe someone has suggestions here.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. I know these videos, lightning is not featured unfortunately
But I found some other informative videos on this topic

1 Like

Would you mind to share these found videolinks? Pleeeeease?

These for example. I think I go with something portable.

3 Likes

Nice! Many thanks!

1 Like

Also good to know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5hpcn6tIM

before buying those I’d rather buy one of those new led bar lights everyone is using right now … they look like this: https://www.amazon.com/YONGNUO-YN360-Adjustable-Temperature-3200K-5500K/dp/B01D2X4A8Y

IKEA has also pretty nice LED lamps … SPANST for example or JANSJÖ

Thanks! Care to explain why?

Interesting. Fortunately I only have to create depth on my machines, not on my face :slight_smile:

I bought the brightest LED bulb I could get from IKEA, with the most basic lamp stand (the one that’s just a pole on a flat base), with one of their square boxes attached via a small hole cut in the side (the lamp has a screw-on mount for attaching a lampshade); then I lined the inside with aluminium foil, and fixed a sheet I cut from a plastic bag over the open side as a diffuser. It works well! I might do a video on it if anyone is interested…

2 Likes

RGB and they are made for video so they ought to have a high PWM / refreshrate so you should see no flickering in the video

1 Like

Ok. Thanks. Will check it. The form is a bit strange, have to look if there are stands for it

they have the standard 1/4 inch photo holes

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/ESDDI-Dimmable-Battery-Panasonic-Samsung/dp/B078H5H37R/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544397451&sr=8-3&keywords=on+camera+led this is the light I use on my camera. Affordable and works great! (plus prime shipping :hugs:)

Me! Thanks in advance!

Found it: LEDARE 1000lm as light bulb and RODD for the stand.

1 Like

Yep! I used the HEMMA base, but the RODD one looks good as well.

I used the DRÖNA storage box, but any sturdy box would work. Actually I think the thick cardboard ones would probably work better.

Those lights sold for seasonal affective disorder (SAD) are quite good for video as they tend to replicate the spectrum of daylight pretty well and are fairly diffused so potentially will cast less shadows than single point light sources. I believe Sonic State used or used to use them too.

4 Likes

If you are planning to put light just on elektron devices, you dont need any special led or correct temperature light.
it is only important when you shoot people, because of skin tone.

you can use any light that you already have, just be creative in positionning.
try bouncing them of the wall, or some other white surface, and avoid direct light, because of the unnessesary shadows

and try to avoid too bright light, because your camera will try to compensate with faster shutter speed, and you will get flickering screen on elektron.

btw. what kind of camera are you using?

1 Like

I am using the Iphone 8 cam.
When shooting in the afternoon, the video quality is fine. But at night, my Room is too dark. I put several lights on the devices, but it’s still a bit too dark so you see this kind of noise (don’t know how to call it) in the picture.
I thought a small LED that I can place on the table might be sufficient

small … could be sufficient (like the JANSJÖ) but it depends on how much gear you want to have covered - maybe two for symmetry anyways. I really like the JANSJÖ because of their gooseneck - if you don’t need a spot you just bend them to the ceiling/wall and have a nice indirect light. Also they are quite cheap and don’t flicker.

1 Like