Korg Wavestate

You have? Would love to see it.

2 Likes

Not yet. But I saw this… Seems easy enough?

2 Likes

Wow the use of a kitchen knife for that sort of thing makes me cringe… but yeah, seems simple enough.

1 Like

Saw this in the Wavestate review thread on MusicPlayers. Owner is a pro keyboardist in Las Vegas

His comments:

I bought one and hacked off the keys so it could be semi flushed with my K4 Controller.
Finally have some gigs coming up that will be more EDM/HipHop instead of (yawn…yawn) the tributes …again.

(Re: knobs) Thanks, it’s because under dim to bright lighting the colors, associated with sections, are easier to grab as they are soft rubber. Plus I couldn’t go right to filter cutoff or saturation after an LED light blast. My eyes recover quicker with Neon.
Even my Controllers use them. Once sections get memorized I can concentrate more on what comes next.

Source:

1 Like

The Wavestate is kind of amazing - the whole wave sequencing concept is so deep once you dive into it, it’s got that Octatrack -like, seductive complexity going on where your mind is regularly blown by the possibilities. But I haven’t really figured out how I’ll use it in music, lol… the obvious thing is ‘complex pads’, but I’m not sure I have much use for that. Much to ponder…

1 Like

Enjoy!

8 Likes

I finally have a polyphonic sampler!

3 Likes

Kwas said it was possible more than a year back.

Great news that Korg has now made it possible to do.

3 Likes

4-part multitimbral polyphonic sampler :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Here comes the Wavestate SE, i bet it’s ready to ship.

2 Likes

That’s cool that Korg just opened up 4 Digitakt’s worth of memory for user samples.

I wasn’t a big fan of a lot of the sounds of the Wavestate. Of course, if I were use one now and I didn’t like the sounds, I would only have myself to blame.

2 Likes

Exactly, the SE with multisamples is going to be so sick. I would also bet that it’s almost ready.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold my breath for the Wavestate Module, but there is always the kitchen knife solution.

1 Like

I see there is lots of other new stuff on the way with this release as well.

The Editor Libraian looks nice. Changes are bidirectional so tweaks on the Wavestate, will show up on the computer screen and vice versa. Should make editing much easier.

Lots of other new features too. Here’s an article on what’s new from Synth Anatomy:

5 Likes

That is a very good, Elektron-level update. Hold function! Faster category navigation! Aaaaaaand the user samples… Does that even work on the Prophet X yet?

1 Like

oh hell yes, i was just thinking about selling mine but now…

1 Like

The wavestate looks and sound impressive, but whenever you have to do a secret handshake to change a parameter (saw something about changing pitch on or off on samples) I get really iffy…

I have been waiting three decades for this. I never bought the Wavestate because my Wavestation A/D with a WaveRex card offered me more of what I wanted. However, this new update provides a lot more user-sampling power. It still doesn’t quite do everything I liked from the originals, but the new features are well worth the trade-off.

I am now dreaming of wavesequencing Moog Model 10 basses and blending Prophet-5 pads with that joystick. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Ok, it will sound a bit stupid but… the Wavestate was on my short/want list (with the Model:Cycles) for a while and with the new addition, I look at my Polyend Tracker and I begin to ask myself if I would not totally replace it with the Wavestate thanks to user samples or not. I am not sure how long the user samples could be and if it is a good idea to treat the Wavestate as full sample player.

1 Like

Apples and oranges, really. The Tracker is meant to be a production environment, whereas the Wavestate is meant to be an instrument. The Wavestate is going to require a lot more preparation of your samples beforehand, as opposed to the Tracker, where sampling can be done from the unit itself. Also, the sequence length on the Wavestate is more limited. On the other hand, the Wavestate can work with proper key-mapped multisamples and from the look of it, those can be stereo samples. Neither of these things are available on the Tracker.

5 Likes