Korg Wavestate

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6lc3apBEZu/?igshid=rbdb5whikusb

New Korg synth in time for NAMM?

Any ideas what it could be?

4 Likes

No idea but just the thought of a new Korg has me hyped.

2 Likes

Well it looks to have a pitch wheel and mod wheel instead of the little lever or xy stick so theres one thing

And full size keys?

1 Like

I feel like they are due for Electribes/Kaoss pad reimagining

2 Likes

Just sold my ER-1. The sound engine seems to be the same as the volca drum. I dont know if they will be doing any electribe soon but would be great.

1 Like

Actually it looks like there might be pitch/mod wheels and a joystick, judging by the pic? Hmm.

2 Likes

You might be right actually!! Although the stick cud be the minilogue style stick that you use to change the oscillator octave

1 Like

Doesn’t look like the KARP 2600, but Korg never releases just one product at NAMM

Hopefully, it has a sequencer capable of having more than 16 steps, and the ability to chain patterns. I don’t have high hopes though, considering that Volcas with only enough memory for 16 patterns are still being produced.

4 Likes

If Korg put the ms20 filter in everything it makes and I’d be happy

1 Like

It’s gonna be a Neutron tribute with the Crave sequencer “Neutribe” :joy:

4 Likes

Like a Neutron Clone? How would Behringer feel. It would be Poetic Justice perhaps.

1 Like

Ha! Yeah and they will call it ‘panphonic’ too, that’s gonna mess with Doty’s noggin…

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

monologue XD?
a new Prologue?
…ahem… the Epilogue?

Minilogue XD 8 :slight_smile: <-I’d buy that.

1 Like

Monologue XD would be fun, with 32 steps.

1 Like

This has a keyboard so I doubt it’s that, but I agree that there should be a new Kpad.

2 Likes

What’s missing from their Multi-Engine range is a mono synth (the nts-1 doesn’t count as it’s more in the volca range of things), so I’ll bet on a new monologue. But then again, the first octave starts on a C so… it might not be it. An alternative would be that it is not necessarily a bass-oriented mono-synth or that they just forgot about the Monologue keyboard starting with an E like a bass.

1 Like

Yeah, my only real gripe with the Monologue was the 16 steps. Such an awesome sequencer to have only 16 steps.

All the sounds in the teaser sound monophonic to me.

1 Like