Korg Wavestate

Maybe an updated Monologue, similar to the Minilogue XD, where they add a digital oscillator with user slots. Or maybe just replaced the second VCO with the digital oscillator.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve made some custom oscillators for the Prologue and Iā€™ve been thinking for a while that Iā€™d love to have a ā€œMonologue XDā€, perhaps with no VCO at all, just the digital engine and analogue filter, and it could be paraphonic since a single voice of the digital engine can actually play multiple notes (it has hooks for note-on and note-off). Plus the digital effects, it would be pretty awesome.

2 Likes

I just dream of a few bug fixes for the xd, before they lose interest in it.

1 Like

Naturally, Iā€™ll be curious to find out what itā€™s all about (along with everything else from everyone else) when NAMM comes alongā€¦ however, that teaser is pretty useless for anything other than ā€œweā€™ve a new keyboardā€ coming. How on earth am I meant to get deep into fevered imaginings with so little to go on?

2 Likes

Itā€™s working though, weā€™re talking about it :grinning:

2 Likes

Same old, same old ehā€¦?

1 Like

Well I guess we have our answer earlier than NAMM

2 Likes

I was waiting for korg to jump back into the wavetable game, canā€™t wait to hear this.

16 Likes

Now if it really is the spiritual successor to the WS (and Prophet VS) count me in. My first WS literally crumbled apart under my fingers and my second one was stolen. After that I decided that they were cursed so I never bought a third! Hope itā€™s got the inputs of the A/D, that would be very cool.

Edit. Read the article. Where do I send my money?

2 Likes

now if only yamaha would make a modern FM synth in this format. lotā€™s of knobs and stuff.

5 Likes

If the ski jam preset sounds good, Iā€™m in tbh :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Itā€™s the screen whine thatā€™ll be the real test of authenticityā€¦

2 Likes

let this be real.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not April yetā€¦:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

NAMM is a terrible wonderful place

2 Likes

Oooh, looks cool.

Wowowow

giphy

Seriously though, what a great time to be a synth nerd! The Wavestation was the first ā€œseriousā€ synth I ever owned, Iā€™m always going to have a soft spot for it. Glad to see this evolution of the concept.

3 Likes

Oh man, I bloody love a Wavestation. Dare we dream of user ROMs?

I was toying with the idea of getting an SR and a WaveRex card a few months back but didnā€™t think I could justify it:

Will see how it is when they announce tomorrow and the videos start up but I might not be able to resist this one.

Iā€™d love to see this as the beginning of a new, digital family from korg, including an electribe with this design. As for the synth - stereo input and module version please!

1 Like