Korg Volca Kick

This, as they say, is relevant to my interests. Getting the chance to try that much bass out on a Funktion 1 again would of course be a bonus.

yeh manā€¦ perfect ā€¦ its right on the money to fill the bass/kick shaped hole in my setup

i think iā€™m sold , this demo is good.
though mostly for the bass noisesā€¦

i dont understand why gak insist on putting the silly price (rrp price or something like that) and normal price that matches everyone else., trying to imply theyā€™ve discounted it.

perfect addition to my battery powered outdoor hiking rig, iā€™m so in for one, depending on how useful it is at bassline duties maybe two :wink:

i have a bunch of kick samples iā€™ve made using a similar method on an mc202 and other things, using the resonance jacked up sine to get that ultra sub bass and all, i think its awesome that they have the volca kick working in a similar fashion of the ms20 filter at its core

there has been a lot of gear being announced lately, the volca kick so far is what iā€™m most excited about right now

i miss my 202 , sold it ages ago and now i cant / wont pay the current prices.
i have a 101 plugout and a lot of other things though ā€¦iā€™m doing ok without one,

Really cool video I think you can make all that with the RYTM for sure

1 Like

if i decided against a rytm i might get a beat step pro for my ipad and this little guyā€¦

I donā€™t need a Rytm.

The Kick is cheaper and can be battery powered - both decisive factors for me.

Something really convenient about Volcas is itā€™s just so damn easy to add to a system. I recently had some good jams going on my Monomachine and I turned to Volca Beats and PO-24 (Office) to add percussion because it was just easier to quickly add in to a system compared to my Machinedrum. And I love the MD. But sometimes itā€™s just easier to deal with a fun little box. And that Volca Beats kick is already pretty good at punching through.

The more videos I see of the Volca Kick, the more excited I get. It gets back to that gnarly pulsating/chirping sound where the Monotribe really excels, but now with a couple of generations of Volca since the Monotribe so it can pick up all of the sequencing and memory features of the Volcas that the Monotribe is missing. (And as part of me is still a harsh noise guy, I think the pair of Monotribe+Volca Kick will make a killer combo). And it can be a good kick too with the ability to add dynamism (motion sequencing) that the Beats doesnā€™t offer. Iā€™ve long wanted to motion sequence (p-lock) the long decay of the Volca Beats kick but only on certain triggers.

New video from Tats with explanation for the parts. Iā€™m even more excited for this unit now. Interesting thing mentioned: it has both filter revisions of the MS-20 in use for sounds.

7 Likes

I reckon adding this to a Volca Sample and FM would lead to some really screwed up dark electronic stuff.
The kind of stuff I like.

I had an MS-10 for a few years but it suffered from ā€œold gear, old gear problemsā€ and I didnā€™t really use it that much anyways and sold it earlier this year. Iā€™ve had much more fun with the MS-20 derived things in the Monotron and Monotribe. For my purposes, yeah, this form factor and application of those old things are much more fun.

Has anyone heard recent news of when these should start arriving in stores?

I think early December in U.K.
Not sure about the rest of the planetā€¦

Thomann says 25 November in Germany/EU.

I think this guy make an amazing work at Korg, keep him long long time Korg :wink:

1 Like

Saint Tats is the One that showed me the Way.
Thanks Tats.

7 Likes

Thats.

1 Like

Tats is totally in my head on this one. I fired up my Monotron last night to play with filtering/dirtying up the Volca FM output and then got to playing with making kick sounds with it. And I have a littleBits kit patch Iā€™ve used to generate wild kick patterns using 2 oscillators, some random, and the MS-20 filter they have in that thing. Used it on a dirty old-old-old school noisy industrial album I did last year.

Canā€™t wait for this new Volca!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a mean sounding drumbeat you got going there! :thup:

1 Like