Korg SQ-64 Poly Sequencer

wish the design was a bit different but I’ll still take one!

5 Likes

I need to train my brain that “suss” is for suspicious and not for sustain.

1 Like

This is brilliant, looks like a great combo with Maschine+ for xox sequencing!

1 Like

This looks great but it breaks my heart to have such limited pattern memory. I could get by with 64, but 16? :grimacing:

Ah well, still very usable for composition. Need more memory to use in a live set, however.

I love that there is still a market for dedicated hardware sequencers. It’s competitive enough to push other companies to step it up.

Any idea on price?

3 Likes

What the hell is that? Intrigued

Edit: a quick google says that Stochastic and Random are interchangeable. So what’s the difference here?

Xenakis, sometimes.

Thanks! But it’s only an abstract rather than a full document. I’m starting to think Aaron Swartz was right to release all academic knowledge.

4 Likes

I’m hoping for seamless loading of projects…

1 Like

You probably went to this link already, but in musical terms, as pioneered by Xenakis, stochastic is generally taken to be more to do with applying probability than pure randomness (and is found in the Elektron sequencer, of course).

3 Likes

Aha! That’s cool. So, on this it’ll be a probability whether a note fires or not.

1 Like

On the now removed webshop page it was roughly 320€.

1 Like

Oh it has projects?
So multiple sets of 16 patterns? Hmmmmm

Edit. I see now, 64 projects.

Well then, me too! Hoping for seamless project load.

3 Likes

Probably :wink:

1 Like

Found the dimensions on Reddit:

Dimensions: (W x D x H): 368 x 144 x 74 mm / 14.49 X 5.67 X 2.91 inches

So a little wider than MK1 Elektrons, but only as deep as Roland Boutiques.

1 Like

Nice. A little smaller than a Beatstep Pro (16.3 x 6.4 x 1.4 inches).

Indeed, will fit in the Elektron backpack :slight_smile:

a quick visual of the size differences:

13 Likes

This looks very cool.

this is cool, but…does this really have anything on any Elektron sequencer? I mean yo, does it even p-lock, bro? Probability? Poly-meter?

“Reverse” looks like a pretty cool function.
One thing Elektron sequencers don’t have (yet) is advanced control over sequence direction and things like “step jumps.”

4 Likes