Korg Selling Off Synths ( OPSIX, Drumlogue, etc ) Discontinued?

Just be aware it’s not up to the dealers alone. For GC or Sweetwater, or the other dealers that sold at $330 USD, they got it from the wholesaler for quite a bit less. If the wholesalers outside the US are not dropping prices like that, for what ever reason, the dealers can’t magically drop prices — they’d lose money.

My hunch is there will be a sale for the rest of the world — eventually. I made a joke earlier that the OPSIX will only be discontinued in the US. It was a joke, but there is stuff that you can only buy in Europe, even synth stuff.

We’ll see if you get a sale, and how much.

2 Likes

I got mine today. No problems so far. Very bright screen.

Yes the keys are what they are. They’re not as bad as the keys on the Roland boutique keybed but they’re just like my E-Mu midi controller from back in the day.

2 Likes

Got mine quickly, screen is fine, thankfully. The power button weirded me out at first because it seems to require a long press. Not sure if that’s normal, but it does turn on and off, so I guess it’s fine.

Getting the studio wired back up this weekend to run it through some things. Everything has been unplugged for months since bringing home a couple of kittens. Looking forward to exploring this thing more and seeing how it fits in!

1 Like

I think it’s a ‘soft’ power switch which is why it’s a little different. Kinda like booting a little computer (since that’s basically what it is).

1 Like

The arbitrage has commenced . . . lol

1 Like

continues.

Seven hundred bucks ! It’s only one data point from the Detroit Michigan area, but if it represents anything then used prices on the OPSIX are not greatly affected.

1 Like

Well, that’s not a sold listing so it doesn’t really mean anything.

1 Like

Except what someone is asking. ( which perhaps doesn’t mean anything. )

1 Like

My Wavestate takes a short press to turn on and a long press to turn off. Which is probably a safety measure so you don’t lose your patch when reaching back there.

3 Likes

Well that didn’t take long.

I was just informed that the $329 Opsixes at GC/MF are sold out already.

Anyone wanna buy my Opsix Native discount code for $100? :rofl:

2 Likes

Mine arrived a week after order with a decent screen and works fine. Did have the first OS on it, but upgraded easily.

Wasn’t in the market for one at all, but couldn’t refuse at that price, and I’m actually finding it a lot more enjoyable than expected.

4 Likes

opsix shipped from sweetwater

Sweetwater has shipped my OPSIX. Hopefully it is fully functional!

8 Likes

At least SW can repair it rather than sending it to landfill and giving you a refund. I think Korg has a warranty on the OPSIX. You’re still money ahead if the repair is reasonable.

4 Likes

Someone here - possibly you - mentioned that Sweetwater is a primary service depot for Korg USA. That was a factor in my decision to order from them and tough out the wait vs. instant gratification via Reverb.

4 Likes

Korg posted this today. I guess you can refresh the YTcomments once in a while to see if Korg ever answers the questions about Wavestate SE, Opsix, etc.

7 Likes

I guess better late than never to market the opsix? :grinning:

7 Likes

That’s weird. The whole selloff/discontinuation seems like it wasn’t planned (from the outside, anyway). Amoeba were giving one away in an album promo the week before all this happened, too.

do we know is it being discontinued worldwide? or was the sell-off just due to some other issue?

This unexpectedly made me curious about the wavestate again.

2 Likes