Korg releases wavestate native and opsix native

They’ve leaned into this on the marketing page for the Native plug-in, which is smart. When they first released the hardware they focused pretty much solely on the “easy” altered FM while everyone else focused on the key bed and form factor.

Does anyone know if this means audio-over-USB would be easy/possible for the hardware opsix? I love my opsix, but there are a few things I think could be upgraded on the synth - namely a deeper arp, more focused menus, and audio-over-USB.

Here are some OpSix patches I rather liked which I AutoSampled in Logic. You’ll probably need to Normalize them if used elsewhere. I included the .EXS files with all of the samples as well in case you want to import them into AudioLayer or Logic…

AudioLayer Example with OpSix Samples:

Opsix Native question - how do you load 3rd party patches into it?

I’m trying to map opsix to the Komplete Kontrol software, but it appears that I need to locate a dll file but all I’m seeing in my plugin folder is the vst file?

Does that mean that mapping it will not be possible?

The Wavestate plugin is a bit buggy on my M1 Mac Mini. It has crashed Cubase at least once. Sometimes loading user multisample results in silence. Crazy CPU usage, too. I don’t think this is going to stay on my system. I’ll be sticking to the hardware version until they get the bugs ironed out.

theres a lot of comments about performance issues on gearspace too.
i think mostly when its silent / not playing anything…

1 Like

Hardware : 1
Software : 0

1 Like

It’s a great experience!

Couldn’t pass up the half price deal on the Opsix plug-in. Geez this synth sounds good. Hell of a bargain at $99!

1 Like

It’s seriously good, and apple silicon native!
Great UI. Took me a little while to get used to it but now patching is a breeze.

I hope they do the Modwave as a plug-in as well.

3 Likes

Yea I totally agree. I am honestly a bit floored at how great it is.

And +1 for the modwave. They would’ve had more of my money by now if it was available in the same format.

1 Like

I just purchased it. I sold my OpSix the day before Korg put them on deep discount. Kinda regret the sale. I stopped my my local shop the other day and they still had one for $399. This just saved me $300. Or cost me $99… :neutral_face:

4 Likes