Korg OPSIX

VST’s don’t take up space in warehouses.

But I feel if it were for a new version then it would be a global sale, personally. I’ve been wrong many times before.

More what I mean is, if they release an Opsix Mk2, will the VST also get that upgrade? Kind of hoping if there is an upgrade it’s mostly in the realm of hardware and whatever additional synthesis features make their way to the Mk1 and Native versions.

Ah got it - not sure about how Korg handle their VST’s, I know some folk provide free version upgrades but not all the makers do.

Would have to be a very specific hardware upgrade for it to port into the same physical box - I guess we’ll see!

Has the Opsix been popular enough for them to be looking to release a new one already? It’s only been out 5 minutes and people seem fairly happy with it.

2 Likes

I think part of me also just hopes this isn’t an EOL for the product. This sale got me to give the opsix a proper look and after messing with the native demo for hours the last few days, it’s largely the modern digital synth I’ve been wanting for ages, I just never realized it because of the branding! Kind of hoping this is maybe Korg’s attempt at a sort of viral marketing campaign. Getting it in the hands of lots of people so word spreads that it’s a more impressive synth than they let on. Then maybe some software upgrades for my nicely priced Mk1 :relaxed:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s been a big enough seller to rush through a mk2 in such a short space of time.

Could be wrong though

Is this thread becoming the korg opsix MK2 speculation thread ?

3 Likes

Then do you think it’s just temporarily out of stock and not discontinued ?

1 Like

They have stock in most uk stores and are selling 100s of stock on sale in the US are they not?

In truth though I’ve no clue lol

It certainly is puzzling. Somethings up, but what ?

1 Like

Now that Elektronauts is a primary source for synth news media I was hoping to reach out to Korg for comment but their Press Room is a little barron

3 Likes

Korg Propsix.

Kind of like synth takt, but for pros. Pro op six.

1 Like

Years from now, researchers and economists will look back at “The Great Opsix Blowout” as the moment the recession actually started.

16 Likes

@Jukka makes a great point, but I’m more inclined to agree with @muzka since Korg don’t generally give their releases an 18 month life cycle.

I also DGAF because it seems to be a great synth for the price and I’m excited to check it out. regardless of if they immediately release a mk2 or whatever.

2 Likes

Leak from January 2020, at NAMM early Covid. Picture from Gearnews.
Also in the original post in this thread.

Going back to their original intent ? IDK.
Regardless it’s nice that Korg is still capable of surprises.

1 Like

I hope they heard the complaints about the keybed and build. And it begs to be multitimbral, which there are hints the engine can support.

They should make this multitimbral, with 4 parts, and on the right side instead of the nice grafix the drumlogue.

Ha! There you have it, flagship Thingy!

Thank me later :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, and underneath on the back side a integrated volca modular.
But with Banana Clips.

1 Like

So, anyone whose ordered from reverb receive a shipping notice yet? (as one who is waiting to receive a notice)

We might need a “waiting for my Opsix” thread.

I wish I never read that this shop usually gets orders out in 2 days.

I know 2 days is unlikely with as many as were sold, but I’m still checking my inbox more often.

6 Likes