Korg OPSIX

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Korg OPSIX Selloff — Side Discussions

Got my opsix this afternoon. I ordered it from another Reverb retailer that was not the Korg Warehouse on 8/1 around 6pm EST for the same discounted price. It was shipped from Reverb Holdings in Chicago, IL.

6 Likes

Imagine what you could do with 600 operators.

1 Like

Probably something like this, but 20x more.

At that point, SuperCollider or CSound or just some python probably makes more sense. But I do occasionally fantasize about having a studio in a warehouse.

2 Likes

Nothing much besides droning. You would loose any musicality (if it’s even possible) at the slightest touch of a knob.

4 Likes

Moved some posts to Korg OPSIX Selloff — Side Discussions

Let’s try to keep these discussions somewhat separate. :+1:t3:

8 Likes

Had another session with the Opsix and I continue to be pleased. I feel like I’m getting more immediate results than with the Wavestate, even just with noodling on presets. Sometimes it’s a bit cryptic whether what knobs you’re turning on the Wavestate are actually doing anything. I think the UI will be pretty easy to understand for :3lektron: users, too. I also think the manual for the Opsix is easier to understand. Time to hit the books on Wavestate and hopefully get some awesome results there too.

6 Likes

Wavestate is cool, it just seems to take time even when you’re experienced with it.

3 Likes

Someone on Reddit recreated 10-ish Juno patches on Opsix:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yTWdGSBuvj3diCPnZUZfqQ062bbUF146

8 Likes

such a workhorse!

I ordered one. I found a deal, while not as amazing as $330, that was decent enough, with estimated arrival in about 2 weeks.

Maybe Korg will make another Altered FM synth someday. I’d rather not wait though.

4 Likes

I must have missed a meeting. What’s all the fuss about the Opsix all of a sudden?

2 Likes

Korg was selling them for 330 in the states and suddenly tons of people woke up on a modern classic

10 Likes

Rip Van Winkle is ready to buy !

2 Likes

Pretty interesting how a few hundred dollars off will completely rearrange how people feel about a synth.

2 Likes

Quite.
Still a straight grand AUD here. They could be 300 AUD and I still wouldn’t want one.

Explains what all the fuss is about. Fickle humans eh? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t deny FOMO is a factor but AdamJay’s posts on this thread also sold me.

OscillatorSink’s YT videos first got my attention, ever since he started uploading them, with first vid predating the Korg selloff by quite a bit of time.

4 Likes

still, I don’t get why it was only in the US? :thinking:

I have covid atm so ain’t the sharpest tool in the box. please excuse if I missed that bit :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. I love the interface of the OpSix, the flexibility of the synth engine and all that, but I just don’t want a keyboard in that form factor with that built-in sequencer. Digitone 4 life.

I’ll still watch OscillatorSink’s videos though, can’t deny that’s OpSix is a great sounding unit and I get lots of sound design inspo from that channel.

2 Likes

:fist: