Korg Minilogue

Nice audio demos included in this French language article (if Chrome is your browser it should ask you if you want to auto-translate).

Yes, polyphonic pad demo is included.

Chrome’s auto translate does a pretty good of making this french review informative. Some stuff I’d really like is missing, in the pros/cons at the end he states that the sequencer can’t be transposed in realtime. If this means you can’t ‘play’ the stored sequence across the keys then I’m gutted :frowning: but overall it seems like a ton of synth for $500

Haha, you beat me to it :wink:

We probably monitor the same forums, haha.
The English translation is so cute in some places:
"we conclude with the banana as that obtained with the Prophet-6 that had preceded him there a few months in the studio. "

(banana? Must be contemporary slang)

“not every day that a machine supposed to occupy entry level, on paper, gives us such a heart stroke.”

Bummer about having to delete a sequence in order to “edit” it, but maybe their test unit was running a beta version of the OS.

Well if you can sequence the 4 voices independently it’s a whole other beast, no ?

well then, that is the analog four or vermona perfourmer, priced at almost 3x the minilogue, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

and underneath those modules are a lot of modpoints to insert 3,5 ins and outs like hell.

for sure buddys

It’s like CDM read this thread - particularly the bit about presets.

I don’t say this often, but P. Kirn you can stuff it if you’re reading this. :slight_smile:

“Banana” means “the smile”, in our country :slight_smile:
Like, the guy is very happy, as much as when he was finished with the P6 review

It’s confirmed by Synthwalker @ Audiofanzine : 4 tracks with independent notes and automation.
Isn’t this cool ?

The drawback of preset synths with normal rotaries rather than endless encoders is that often if you load a preset the sound doesn’t reflect the current position of the knobs. So live panel mode is a button that ditches the current preset and makes it so every knob is active at its current position.[/quote]
Thank you.

In one of the Vids (with some KORG guy) it has been mentioned, that some kind of manual mode is implemented as a shift command. So basically you can set the synth to what the panel looks like by a two-button key press.

Also it is truly polyphonic with the exception of the delay/HP section, but that all is covered in the voice chart that have been published on SW.

Now go google
 :wink:

Ah, you mean the French article, right? There was only one vid posted so far, and the French article does not have a video. It does however have the info you reference. Based on what is reported there, I’m fully satisfied now. :slight_smile:

French:
Un mot rapide sur la prise en main, absolument immĂ©diate, pour plusieurs raisons : plus d’une quarantaine de commandes directes logiquement rĂ©parties pour piloter quasiment tous les paramĂštres de synthĂšse (avec rĂ©ponse en modes saut/seuil/relatif), une fonction permettant de faire correspondre le son Ă  la position des commandes (Load Panel), des mĂ©moires internes, des dumps MIDI, un afficheur trĂšs malin (nom et numĂ©ro des programmes, valeur de tout ou partie des paramĂštres lors de l’édition, reprĂ©sentation graphique en temps rĂ©el du son de type oscilloscope

English:
A quick word on the grip, absolutely immediate, for several reasons: more than forty direct commands logically divided to control almost all synthesis parameters (with response modes skip / limit / relative), a function to to match the sound to the position commands (Load Panel), internal memories, MIDI dumps, a very smart display (name and number of programs, valuable or all of the settings when editing, graphic representation in time real oscilloscope type of sound 
)

More videos and info out there today. Can’t see any video where anyone is transposing the sequencer in realtime. Seems they sacrificed this in favor of being able to overdub on to sequences. Don’t wanna be ‘that guy’ bitching about what’s missing, overall it’s an amazing synth for the money, but I really hope they add this option in an update. Even if it’s only available in the mono mode
 Seems like a crazy/bread and butter sequencer feature to miss out and limits sequencer use pretty badly in any kind of loose/band/song situation where there are key changes :frowning:

Indeed : as stated in AudioFanzine review the ML does not offer live transposition of sequences (check the “minus” part at the end).

Listening to the demos, I’m thinking the most impressive thing about this synth is its price and market position.

Getting this to that price, now that’s interesting. The synth itself, not bad at all.

But not nearly as interesting as “How the hell did Korg do it?”

Holy shit. This is one of the nicest synths I have ever seen/heard. I feel the same way I did when I first came across the Octatrack. I think this means it’s time to wave bye bye to my A4
 The Elektron synth is brilliant, like a PhD destined for a glittering academic career
but I am helplessly in love with the user interface and sound of the Minilogue. This is an outstanding musical instrument.

Oh man, this young sir is quickly becoming a rockstar dev - first the volcas and now this!

Anyone going to Japan in the next few months? I’m guessing this will take ages to become available anywhere else (the demand is going to be massive) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Shipping now from Perfect Circuit Audio.

Not sure I’d ditch an a4 for the minilogue, though I’ve never used either. But Yeah hopefully we’ll see a lot more ‘button/knob per function’ feature rich hardware coming out after korg sells millions of these. People have been crying out for it for ages and it seems like it can be done in an affordable way now, the near future should be pretty interesting for those of us on midrange budgets :wink:

This is also why i don’t like the Analog Keys with it’s small display and pages for encoders. For the Analog Four it’s fine because it’s a small form factor but the Keys version :zonked:

I hope more new analog drum machines will appear in the future.

For now I want a Cirklon sequencer with Cwejman modules, but the waiting list for the Cirklon is 6 months
 so i have to be patient for this set.

Don’t do that.
A4 has CV in and out.
Minilogue has none - just sync I/O,