Korg Minilogue

If it can that warm xmod PWM pad with pitch envelope, I’ll be very happy!

To be honest, I’m going to buy it anyway, just to have a non black synth in the studio.

[quote="“virtual_flannel”"]

So you would really rather the Minilogue have no presets? It has 100 user presets, and is quite tweakable it seems. Not exactly a preset machine like say the Oberheim Matrix 1000.[/quote]
I would rather have live panel mode.

So you would really rather the Minilogue have no presets? It has 100 user presets, and is quite tweakable it seems. Not exactly a preset machine like say the Oberheim Matrix 1000.[/quote]
I would rather have live panel mode.[/quote]
That sounds like a great feature, but why not have presets too!!! Really though more analogs should have this feature.

Can’t wait for the Kylie Minologue Special Edition…

I would rather have live panel mode.[/quote]
That sounds like a great feature, but why not have presets too!!! Really though more analogs should have this feature.[/quote]
Because DSI is apparently the only synth maker to even think of live panel mode. No patch memory ensures there is always live panel mode. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I realize my opinion is in the minority. I am primarily an improvising musician - I rarely play gigs in which the perfectly dialed in sound has to be patched for every song. Don’t mind me.
Unless I hear Minilogue demos, or better yet have an in-person experience that blows me away, I’ll probably just save for a Vermona Performer or Prophet 6.

I’ll stick with my Juno 6, refreshingly direct.

+6

Reminds me of the MS2000…Bet this will be a real useful bread & butter synth.

Voyager has a “Real Panel Parameters” option = live panel mode.

Right! A fully analog MS2000 with VCOs. And for not much more in price than a used MS2000. Way to go Korg!

Me too.

What the bum is live panel mode that people keep blathering on about?

Knob per function?

Why on earth would people call that “Live panel mode”?

Video review is out - WOW!!!

sounds very promising. and it doesn’t seem to be a preset machine. dude in the demo clearly said - 100 presets and 100 init patches.

wonder when people start bitching why it doesn’t come with an app for editing and a korg overbridge :wink:

The drawback of preset synths with normal rotaries rather than endless encoders is that often if you load a preset the sound doesn’t reflect the current position of the knobs. So live panel mode is a button that ditches the current preset and makes it so every knob is active at its current position.

Really promising demo. Can’t help but think it’s a little bit of a volca keys in a bigger box (the various Poly/mono modes etc) but I don’t really know what I’m talking about as far as internals etc. Really like the sound I a fee parts of the video. Wish there were more filter/fx options (even just some digital would be fine) and another lfo, but at this price and with the motion sequencing which is potentially endless LFOs, it’s impossible to complain…

I’m impressed! Chord mode, lots of cool features. Sounds decent, looks nice and cheap.

Tbf it seems like it’s the opposite of a preset machine, knob per function tweakability is one of its biggest selling points for me … would be a refreshing change from a certain other four voice synth that I know and love.

Needless to say, the gearslutz backlash has already started - first line of attack has been the suspicion that it’s paraphonic but being sold as polyphonic, I’m sure mini keys, build quality, daw integration, “cheap” sound will be discussed in due course.

Think this demo is better for getting an idea of the sound than the Sweetwater one, which is more features orientated.

Sounds pretty good to me, definitely would bring something worthwhile to the table, I’m definitely going to get one … after I save up for a P6.