Korg >> M:S >> Audio?

Hi all,

This is my first post — excited to be here but embarrassed to ask (what seems like) such simple questions.

I am trying desperately to create a dawless setup using my M:S and Korg Volca Sample.

I’ve been able to sync my Korg Volca Sample to my Model:Sample clock but I want to hear both of them playing at the same time.

Am I able to run the sound that is coming from my Volca Sample through the M:S into my headphones? Or do I need to have both outputs feeding into a mixer or audio interface in order to hear both play, synced at the same time?

I’ve watched a million youtube videos and read this post several times: Model samples and Korg Volca Setup MIdi sync

Apologies if this has been answered a million times, but I can’t seem to find the correct answer in a way that I understand it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Ask away! Just remember to try the ‘Search’ function first as there’s a plethora of information on the forum. :slight_smile:

As for your question, no, you cannot run the Volca’s audio into the M:S. It does not have any audio inputs. I don’t believe the Volcas do either. As such, you’d need a small mixer like a Mackie Mix5.

If you plan on recording things into a DAW on your computer, you might want to look at a small audio interface instead of or in addition to a small mixer. If you do a search on the forum, you can find some existing threads for small mixer ideas.

Cheers!

1 Like

Can vouch for the Mix5. Picked a used one up for £30 and it works great.

1 Like

Since I’m a high-roller I splurged and went for the Mackie Mix8. Perfect for my needs.

1 Like

Thanks so much — this answered everything, I appreciate it!

Ooh la-dee-da get you

2 Likes

I’ve got a 5 and an 8. The price difference is negligible and the extra inputs/EQ are welcome.

1 Like

Hey @Phurniture check out Timmy Two-mixers ere. A regular Lord o the Manor!

1 Like

Top o’ the morning to ye, pleb! Try not to trip over one of my many mixers on the way to the mill this morning.

2 Likes

:joy: