Korg Kaoss Replay

New Electribe when!?

4 Likes

I imagine they’re intending to attract the dj market. Surprised the aux in is a 1/8" though.

Yum

4 Likes

Sautéed leaks with a side of killer kaoss beats.

4 Likes

very timely! Just chopped up a bunch of leeks over here for a potato and leek stew

Back to the Kaoss pad - I always wanted the mk3 version but the somewhat subpar AD-DA conversion kept holding me back. Hopefully this updated version won’t suffer from that same issue. Though I know people like Jon Hopkins used them to great effect in his live show. He had two for his main glitchy effect setup when I saw him back then.

4 Likes

Is there any reason, other than annoyance of having to buy specific cables, where the RCA inputs would be worse than 1/4” ? Odd choice.

Hopefully Korg can just make a focused sampler effects thing and not go off the rails like Akai has done with MPC. KP3 and Kaossilator Pro were my first pieces of gear so this could be very cool for me.

5 Likes

It’s clearly an audio loop sampler with kaoss effects, it doesn’t even have a sequencer AFAIK. So not similar to the MPC series.

1 Like

Does not change the sentiment at all lol.

Here we go

6 Likes

USB-c only for power, micro-usb for data
 why? Lol

Yeah
 for $989 I’m out

This seems overpriced. A used Octatrack is gonna offer more, and apart from DJ software that’s probably the closest actual thing to what this is.

9 Likes

apparently 999 is the new 399

18 Likes

yeh so this is exactly the kind of thing ive been waiting for
 but the price is crazy and its almost overkill too

not sure rn

2 Likes

yes and no - the FX quality and variety on the korg is going to be higher, also the time stretching is going to be 100x better. and you have a giant multi-touch screen for editing audio

sooooooo
 id say your statement is more emotional than logical, imho

3 Likes

a tad convoluted in the key combination department
 so happy to see korg at play but not sure
also those fx sound like the kp3/kp2 I already have :frowning:
I think the mpc one might make this a hard sell

1 Like

I’m disappointed by the lack of FX chains. :sad:

3 Likes

Lol, weird jab at the end.

It depends on what the aim is. For a live set you’re gonna be able to use something like an Octatrack to tailor what you want more. It’s going to take more effort to build that but you can build that. Coming from owning a KP3 for years, the effects are ok, and so far from what I’ve heard of this it sounds similar. It’s basically working with presets and you only get one of those presets at a time. I also don’t find the the time stretching from the above example to be spectacular either.

The 404 MK2 does a lot of similar stuff here and probably has even higher quality effects. Just not a touch screen but if you need a touchscreen that badly then get an iPad, it’s going to be the most logical route both financially and functionally.

1 Like

There will be at most one update that fixes half of the worst bugs

1 Like

what iPad fx app would you recommend for someone looking at this new korg thingy?