Korg Kaoss Replay

Korg Kaoss Replay | Long & McQuade (long-mcquade.com)

Korg Kaoss Replay | Long & McQuade (archive.org)

Korg is making a new Kaoss pad device apparently.

KAOSS Replay is a self-contained performance tool that reshapes the KAOSS legacy, serving as an all-in-one solution for musicians, performers, and producers. It features unparalleled KAOSS Pad and Effects, expanded sample playback and sampling capabilities, and intuitive and precise DJ controls. In a portable stand-alone unit, KAOSS Replay facilitates electrifying KAOSS-infused performances on the fly, eliminating the need for additional equipment.

20 Likes

This thing is going to kause pure kaoss…

21 Likes

Welcome back RCA in/outputs. It’s been a long time. I guess this is the only natural evolution of the Kaoss. Take the pad and slap it on a cdj enclosure with finger drum pads. Wonder how pricing will compare to Pioneers offering?

3 Likes

1400 Canadian dollars, so likely less in USD, Euro,

Not seeing any other announcements so imagine this might be a leak or unintentionally live listing…

1 Like

It’s looks very much like a DJS1000 competitor given its price, although I don’t know how much sample/effect sequencing it does. Hopefully, it does Ableton live sessions style clip launching, at the very least.

The hot cue function is definitely interesting for DJ.

Yes, INBEFORE the page vanishes.

Korg Kaoss Replay | Long & McQuade (archive.org)

4 Likes

It’s about damn time! I was wondering when Korg would re-up the Kaoss Pad.

9 Likes

FINALLY LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!! :boom:

2 Likes

Can I get it in silver?

22 Likes

Give it 25 years.

30 Likes

Silver bullets fired!

Just realized they have both mini and c usb. What the???
Ah geez, mini for the usb/data transfer, usb c for the power. Korg must not have gotten the memo that the world is demanding that mini usb be eradicated.

7 Likes

Looks like it is taking some visual cues from the 404.

And “expanded sample playback and sampling capabilities”, along with resampling.

2 Likes

Good shout.
With how well the 404 is doing, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more companies trying to emulate that form and productivity factor.

The group a and b faders intrigue me. I wonder if it streams off the micro sd. Also wonder if its got an auto live looper and if so, how well it works, and if it sequences well with the sanples?

2 Likes

For sure. Don’t know if the Korg will have a sequencer, but we all know a resampling workflow can be very fun. Sort of a 404 meets Kaoss Pad in a dance off? Who knows!? I can’t wait to find out more.

1 Like

Fuck yeah this looks awesome.

5 Likes

What a crazy day so far. We got the Elektron Silver Digi’s, the new Hologram FX unit, and now the Kaoss Pad is back.

8 Likes

Yeah, why not other I/O?

2 Likes

Looks like there was a YouTube video uploaded a couple hours ago to korg UK too.
Maybe unlisted??
If you google “kaoss replay” this was the third result

Oh I love a good leak.

2 Likes

When you click the link it just takes you to the channel homepage so it must be some kinda Google’s indexing not being updated just yet to remove the text?

That’s a good news!
I always felt that the full potential of KaosPads was not fully revealed. They were invaluable in any live electronic setup, but their development sort of stopped in 2010’s (I remember that live performers like BeardyMan were switching from KPs to IPads).
The price is ugh though, they weren’t at this “elektronesque” price point

2 Likes