Korg Drumlogue

amen

5 Likes

only one track that loads Logue SDK plugins ?!
definitely my biggest gear disappointment in 2022.
moves from Ā«must buyĀ» to Ā«well, maybe somedayĀ» category for me.

3 Likes

Am I the only one thinking ā€œok, the same drum machine re-made all over again, and again and againā€¦ā€? Sincerely, the more time passes the more I appreciate how forward thinking the Machinedrum wasā€¦ I should get one (again)ā€¦
Also, why nobody thought about creating a sort of Nord Drum 2 with a decent sequencer??? Iā€™m so so disappointed with this industryā€¦ I think I will never come back to hardware again.
I had big expectations on the digital and plugin side of the Drumlogue but now I see Iā€™m definitely not the target for thisā€¦

3 Likes

Okayā€¦ Maybe not bad for a ā€œfirst drum machineā€ā€¦ But why should I buy it instead of a TR8s?

Im sure there is fun to be had with it, but yeah it isnā€™t sounding particularly interestingā€¦ The sample side seems quite limited, and I seem to remember a lot of the developers doing SDK stuff feeling a bit burned by Korg also, makes me wonder how many are going to be jumping in for a round 2.

1 Like

Honestly, you shouldnā€™tā€¦ I would go for TR8s over this any day of the weekā€¦ even on mondays

7 Likes

Elektron had redefined modern idm (or whatever you want to call it) while all the older, traditional companies are left floundering in that particular market.

1 Like

An anus can synthetize great snares and other drums sounds. Even AnalOgue bass sounds, whistles, and much more. So whatā€™s the problem ??

14 Likes

Yeah and even modern Elektron devices are not that innnovative anymore (although Syntakt has some great ideas tbh)ā€¦ I know the industry is under a lot of pressure but I feel the issue is not about digital components or whatever but about ideas, boldness and approachā€¦ I feel all the good ideas are already there, I just donā€™t understand how is it so difficult to any company to take them all and make a great forward thinking product.
Iā€™m sure on the modular side thereā€™s a lot more creativity and risk-taking, but I think Iā€™m not asking much requesting innovative instruments for a traditionally innovative musical styleā€¦ Iā€™m annoyed by this industry conservadurism, theyā€™re already walking fossils.

1 Like

Too expensive.

1 Like

I like your sphincking.

2 Likes

You could buy a Nord Drum 2 and a decent sequencer?

Thereā€™s also a lot of companies going out of business.

Thereā€™s plenty of bold ideas out there. Thereā€™s a company making synths out of trees for fuckā€™s sake.

Yep, Drumlogue isnā€™t what a lot of people wanted. Maybe this is shortage related, who knows, but Korg are a pretty conservative company, so Iā€™m not sure we should be expecting much better from them in the current climate.

8 Likes

Also, the UX is horribleā€¦ come onā€¦ no dedicated knobs for the digital engines for instanceā€¦

I stopped watching at that point. Letā€™s back to more important things.

Not every drum machine will push the envelope, especially at this price point! The Drumlogue is almost a perfect reflection of the Minilogue: itā€™s a higher entry level instrument built on the reputation of analog circuits.

2 Likes

First reaction

This looks pretty poor to me. Thereā€™s no way on earth Iā€™d ever consider this over a tr8s. One of the worst aspects is the design and layout.

Ultimately though everything about it just felt conventional. Like Iā€™ve seen it all before and it sounded better.

I like korg but they need to do better than this.

1 Like

Hefty price for what it is. Hmm and meh from all the demos I have seen so far. This one is easy pass ā€¦ TR8s hands down

Wow, such a disappointment after the initial hype.
4 analog parts and samples? I expected it to shine with digital synths comings from their volcas, electribes and SDK engine, but they forgot to put their most attractive feature in there :roll_eyes:

The multi engine there seems such an afterthought a joke, no dedicated controls, 3 algos, and synth-oriented.

Itā€™s a shame they never tried to make a good replacement for their ER-1, especially in the Volca format. Even by todayā€™s standard, itā€™s still rocking and has its own character. Canā€™t really say the same about the drumlogueā€¦

4 Likes

those demos do absolutelly nothing to me. nothing. now, is it mine or the machineā€™s issue? Edit. At 8:18 there was a glimpse of hope but that vanished quicklyā€¦

Thank God it costs over 600 euros.
With syntakt (i hope for sample player machine) Iā€™m settled.

1 x digital Track? And the Sample Tracks are seperate? Guys itĀ“s 2022. Make it modular for god sake.
Not interessested sadly after all this time had pretty high hopes, but with one digital trackā€¦nope

1 Like