Korg Drumlogue

10 Likes

Damn. Looks sexy and the kick sounds great.
But those hats and snare sounds like anus.

6 Likes

1 Like

this one seems to showcase the sound in a much cleaner fashionā€¦ kick indeed sounds greats, especially at 1:15 but not too convinced about the other soundsā€¦ seems to be quite samey most of the time. the fx seem to be what give it some edge.

i honestly thought they would make the whole drum machine digital, and make all the voices customizable with the korg SDK. but thatā€™s sadly not the case. letā€™s see if other demos showcase some more of its potentialā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, so Iā€™m not digging this machine at all.

Samplesā€¦ really!? Korg has this really cool drum architecture in the Volca drum or even the ER-1, why on earth donā€™t they incorporate that into bigger machines!?

The small volume pots feel strangely out of place. The menu diving looksā€¦ menu diveyā€¦

Edit: itā€™s early morning here, Iā€™m gonna cut down on the reactionary posts

10 Likes
1 Like

Exactly.
A big form factor volca drum, or updated ER1 would be very tempting for me. This isnt of any interest at all. Samples indeed.

It combines samples, analogue drums (Snare, Toms and Kick) and VPM / Drum SDK (which means that we can expect future drum and synth elements through SDK, like with the minilogue xd and prologue)

Instabuy for me because Iā€™m gear/drum machine obsessed and have little willpower for new gear like this.

7 Likes

Itā€™s FINALLY happening!!

Stereo samples, thank the lord.

4 Likes

I guess Iā€™ll have to keep waiting for the great groovebox successor to the EMX-1 that Korg clearly has in them but seem strangely reluctant to make!

If I understand correctly that this has just one channel of Logue engine then it seems like a wasted opportunity but thatā€™s because I want a groovebox and not a drum machine. This may well be heaven for drum machine nuts (see above-but-one post).

1 Like

That said, I can genuinely see why this isnā€™t lighting some people on fire. I can see people finding this disappointing and underwhelming. I might even be one of them once I have it!

Just watched the Loopop video and was not blown away by the sound but I think I am a bit biased because I only bought the Syntakt a few weeks ago and I am loving that at the moment. Iā€™ve just sold the Volca Beats and kept the Volca Drum and I was hoping the DRUMLOGUE was going to be more like the drum.

The sequencer options look good but the menu diving puts me off.

1 Like

Online at Thomann for 599 ā‚¬. But delivery date still tba.

Hot take:

Korg will make a digital version of this with Volca drum and/or ER-1 engine. Need to milk the platform!

1 Like

ā€˜The drumlogue comes with the Nano plugin, which is a virtual analog synth by Sinevibes with two oscillators, ring modulation, a four-pole filter, envelopes, and an LFOā€™.

Sounds cool. I wonder if they will actually being out various versions in the style of the Electribes or if theyā€™ve decided to hedge their bets with one machine that seemingly does analogue, samples and digital synthesis.

idk

i like the ratcheting but somehow the snare sounds 1:1 hollow like / noise decay, like on that Volca Beats.

Woody and Noisy Iā€™d say

everybody get a RYTM itā€™s all of this thing within some parameter values, with MK2 and USB youā€˜ll get the largest library of sdks and fxā€¦

2 Likes

Too bad drumlogue doesnā€™t support the oodles of engines that already exist for the *logue platform. Very much so.

2 Likes

have been looking forward to this coming out but itā€™s not impressing me with anything iā€™ve seen or heard so farā€¦sounds, SDK implementation, samples, etcā€¦ routing and sequencing/performance options seem solid, but if the core sounds arenā€™t there then the rest is all for naught.

Currently on the fence with the demos.

For me itā€™s the more ā€œVintageā€ sounding kits and sounds i prefer. But that makes it a pointless acquisition.

Oh, and I hate extreme ratcheting, so that always does my head in on a demo.

1 Like