Komplete Kontrol (m32) - worth it?

How are you folks liking the M32 now that it’s been a while with it?

I’ve been using the Komplete Kontrol VST to browse all my Repro, Zebra, Reaktor, Kontakt, Massive and Massive X patches and really enjoy using it in Live 10. It’s nice to have a single unified VST for all of it.

Thinking about the M32 for the auto mapped knobbiness, and velocity keys. Seems like it’d be less hassle than what I do now, config my Twister in Live to taste.

1 Like

I was SO close to trashing mine…but then they updated the editor and you can assign, name and template the mapping. it stays! I got it for the size. and the assignability…thats why I was initially disappointed to find YOU COULD NOT MAP IT.

but…they addressed it…and its a great mini keyboard! :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

1 Like

That’s nice!

Am I correct in assuming the knobs auto map in the Kontrol VST, though?

I think they were supposed to do that from the start. I don’t use Kontrol…
ill check

[2min later] adding…I just checked. ya it does. :+1:t6:

1 Like

I wish they’d ditch the keys and just have a simple controller for Komplete Kontrol. Really nice having the auto mapped stuff and browsing ability.

1 Like

I bought a second hand M32 locally yesterday because I needed a compact midi-controller to program melodies and chords. I love my MPC Live, but I’ll never feel comfortable programming anything melodic with the 16 pads.

My only gripe this far is the lack of DIN-midi which I knew beforehand but I think the fact that the Live acts as a USB-host fixes that. I haven’t found the editor for the M32 that would allow me to program the controllers to my liking. The NI Control editor does not have the M32 listed and I can’t get to program anything except the pitch/mod-strips and the encoders. I would like to have the transport buttons working with my MPC and preferably also the Arp and Scale functions.

Are the Arps and Scales and whatnot functionality built into the keyboard or are they part of the NI software and therefore only usable on a computer? And where can I get the editor to choose the correct ccs for the encoders and name them?

I believe they are only built into the Komplete Kontrol software layer, unfortunately.

The free Komplete Kontrol VST will allow you adjust CC assignments.

2 Likes