Komplete Kontrol (m32) - worth it?

New video. Not much new info though.

Yeah, too bad no in depth reviews are out yet. I wonder if it’s possible to setup cc names when creating templates. That would be super cool. I’m sure it supports multiple scenes, could be a powerful little machine. I need to read the manual and see how much of this is actually possible.

The dimensions are quite close to the Keystep, which is my ideal size for my desk. I wonder if the keys will feel similar. I hope so.

so…I need some damage control here. I got rid of my Kontrol S25 for smaller footprint, more keys and maintaining the knobs…only to find…I CANT find how to map CCs on this thing. I read that the MIDI implementation is FIXED? this is NOT how it was sold. I was told it was configurable.

with my S25 I could map controls to several different pieces of gear simultaneously. but I can’t figure out the simple setup of controlling the filter on my DT with it.

if I want map my own CCs, and to diff gear at the same time…I will label this thing as a waste of money [piece of shit] and will take it outside and run it over with my car.

tell me…can you map this thing or did I just bone myself dumping a perfectly werking [yet oversized] controller :frowning:

I can’t seem to contact NI…I wanna return this diaper filler…but as I cant seem to…I wanna run it over.
I STUPIDLY bought direct from NI.

there is no f***ing key regions…dude this thing is trash

Thanks for the warning. i guessed this already. Why can´t you contact NI support?

I see no way to contact them other than questions in the forum. Which is kinda dumb. I wanna speak to a rep.

adding:

you can get around the MIDI mapping BS by routing it all [if you’re using logic] in the Environment.
im getting it to do whatever I want.

BUT…but…every time I make a MIDI connection change to the M32 [only connections to the M32 node] the damn thing EXITS MIDI MODE and goes back to preset mode.
it also causes the Digitone to hang notes REAL easy while changing octaves while playing. :-1:t5:

this controller is as they sell it…CHEAP.

if you want to do anything with any kinda of thought with this thing OTHER than using pre mapped plugins…its a waste of money.
what kinda of controller doesn’t have editable controls :confused: F * C K

im super upset…I want my S25 back. :frowning:

Can’t you map it in the kontrol app? Then save it and load the vst via kontrol vst?

Note. The MIDI tab switches to a little keyboard with 32 beside it.

On a help page on the NI site there is a little blurb about three devices that have “fixed mapping”

This was NOT talked about in the demos. And not listed anywhere but this help page. They said it was configurable. I dont know many controllers that arent. This kb is just a plugin player, and a VERY basic midi controller.

I dunno why im stressin so hard over this. I think its the fact the NAMM vids and presentation vids were so misleading.

Adding: its a shame. The size is perfect. I LOVE the size. The keys are quite playable. The look is great. Some of the the stuff that comes with is great.
But not being able to configure it, and while routing midi in Logic Environment, it switches from MIDI mode to Preset mode with every routing change (which messes up track levels in Logic) is a KOMPLETE disappointment.
Add that NI has no way to email direct and you have to use a forum…is making me consider another manufacturer. Ive really liked NI product for years. But the new direction is weird. Like they are trying to be self contained. The A series is the same apparently.

But this thing is almost pointless if you dont compose with plugins.

1 Like

Thanks

Lame tho…”can i cancel my order”, i breezed over that one.
Thats kind of a way of hiding the fact.
Perhaps writing “can i return my purchase” or “return policy” would be more obvious.

Run it over with your car and then return it. Ask for a partial refund only :sweat_smile:

Fixed midi is super lame, specially in the current year. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

NO MENTION…of fixed midi on the product page or specs page.

Fail.

They really should mention that.

Thanks for all of the info. I think I’ll stick with my Arturia Keystep and hope for a Keystep Pro with knobs and more DAW transport controls. I see that people in Japan aren’t even given two weeks to return stuff to NI.

1 Like

They should. When I buy a midi controller thats produced within the last few years I kind of expect to be able to adjust the cc’s. Maybe not easily on the device itself if its small and cheap but with some editor and connected to the computer for sure.

Ya i was super disappointed. I opened their controller editor (which is AWESOME by the way) to find to my dismay the M32 was not in the list of devices. :frowning:

I love that editor and was looking forward to mapping out my stuff. I had plans for this little kb.

The plans have taken a turn for the worst.

All these new midi controllers remind me of the flashlights you used to get for Christmas in the late 70’s as a kid, just had a single use battery encased in a grotty cardboard sleeve, once it was gone, it had gone, at least I had my DataMan for company.

1 Like

For the money I’d rather have a Korg nanoKey studio controller hooked up to a Raspberry Pi over bluetooth and then use aconnect to hook it up to my gear. It doesn’t have all the features of the m32 but is well made and does have some nice tricks.

1 Like

You can use their Order Support Site.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/sections/360000092537-Bestellung-und-Bezahlung

And they have Phone Numbers in their Site too

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS NORTH AMERICA, INC.

Telefonnummer
Tel.: +1 323 870 8217
Geschäftszeiten
Montag – Freitag 12:00 – 16:00 Uhr (PST)

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GMBH

Telefonnummer
Tel.: +49 30 5683-8218
Geschäftszeiten
11:00 - 14:00 MEZ (Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch, Freitag), 15:00 - 18:00 MEZ (Donnerstag)

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS JAPAN KK

Telefonnummer Registrierungs-Support
Tel.: +81 3 4540 2880
Geschäftszeiten
Montag – Freitag 11:00 – 17:00 (JST)
Telefonnummer Order -Support
Tel.: +81 3 4540 2294
Geschäftszeiten
Montag – Freitag 11:00 – 14:00 (JST)

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS UK LTD

Telefonnummer
Tel.: +44 20 3870 4551
Geschäftszeiten
10:00 - 13:00 WEZ (Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch, Freitag), 14:00 - 17:00 WEZ (Donnerstag)

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS FRANCE SARL

Telefonnummer
Tel.: +33 9 77 55 97 80
Geschäftszeiten
11:00 - 14:00 MEZ (Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch, Freitag), 15:00 - 18:00 MEZ (Donnerstag)

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS CHINA SZ

Telefonnummer
Tel.: +86 150 1383 6306
Geschäftszeiten
Montag - Freitag 10:00 - 18:00 (GMT)

Yo good luck getting ahold of NI any time soon. Their customer service is absolute trash. I used to be a big NI fanboy but this last year has gotten me so fed up with their shit I really doubt I’ll be giving them any more money in the future.

1 Like

Yeah I have Maschine Mk3 but don’t use it but keeping it because I love the sample library and browser. That’s it.

Anyway, touch strips instead of proper pitch and mod wheels is a mega fail in my book.