Kodamo EssenceFM

I’ll find out later today!

Finally got my rack for the EssenceFM today.

It does the job and for less than 10 euro its very nicely made and sturdy.

However the angle… isn’t the best I have to lower my chair to get a good angle at the display. I would have preferred it to be angled more back. Will do for now, but I’ll make a custom stand for the EssenceFM with the perfect angle and 3D print it.

4 Likes

That looks nice!

Just updated the firmware on my EFM. Yep, took about 10 seconds and was quite easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is one demo on MusicStore.de that sounded like straight from the 80ies cheap Casio Keyboard noodling. Going after that, i would not be interested at all.
But wow this Thing has Potential!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can create a patch on most synth that will replicate that. :slight_smile:
While the stock patches might not show it’s full potential. Some of them are really nice and with some quick layering you can some serious sounds out of it.

2 Likes

There’s a few demos that might’ve tempted me to think this was a synth for someone other than me, but style is subjective. For two weeks at least, I’m writing every day with just the EssenceFM and my Octatrack and the only samples on my Octatrack were made sampling the EssenceFM. May not be for everyone, but I’m head over heels for this thing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You do a great Job!

3 Likes

That’s very kind, thanks!

2 Likes

Just ordered mine, GASsing like h**l right now! It´s gonna replace my Digitone for sure… But i´ll miss the lil bastard. :wink:

2 Likes

Cool I’m sure you will love it!

The Digitone is a really nice synth, but the EssenceFM is whole other beast. :-).

1 Like

One more run with EssenceFM sequenced by OT, but no samples. Leaving for a work trip for a couple weeks soon. Thinking those two machines will be going with me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Cool!
But me thinks it looks like you just cut the top half of a bigger desktop rack. Not looking bad or anything, just wondering what you did? C´mon, a little inside info here… :wink:
I have an adam hall desktop rack that looks ust like that just with a few more units in height. Mine easily fits a Rytm and my Hydra, but not it´s going to be the home of the Kodamo plus Hydrasynth for a while, until i have gotten used to it.

It’s actually a stock rack stand 4U. Dirt cheap but very well made for the money.
I added a 1U plate on top just for looks. All in all i think i paid less than 15euro.

It works for now, until i’v designed a custom stand for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s so uncomfortable to play the Hydra on a rack with that angle.

2 Likes

Can you pls expand @ 0:00 and @ 3:02?! Lot’s of potential there!

1 Like

I’m sure I will at some point :slight_smile:

I spent two evenings noodling (NDLR) on the EssenceFM.

I got both machines very recently, so only scratched the surface :upside_down_face:

It’s a sick combo :yum: !

5 Likes

Nice!

Sounds like a cool combo! :+1:

For the moment, I use the OT to sequence the EssenceFM and occasionally a Keystep Pro. You could do much worse, I suppose, but I’m still considering a Pyramid. On the road for 3 weeks, so I decided to just bring a laptop running Logic and a Keystep for writing a music library I’ve been commissioned to do. It’s not electronic based, so I’m just gonna map out parts in Logic until I get home and hire session players. Gonna miss my EFM though! Just brought a Model:Cycles along in case I get the itch to do some electronic stuff while out of town :slight_smile:

1 Like