Knobcon 2022

it’s understandable, making sound machines set a high bar

1 Like

70 bucks for a book. Plus shipping. Get tae fuck

5 Likes

What are people waiting for tho?
Is that gas talking or people not happy with what they currently own?

There’s SO much good stuff already.

3 Likes

I wanted a Hydrasampler :hugs:

4 Likes

Don’t know why Artisan Nucleus and iliad aren’t being reported.

This is the first time the iliad is being shown for real. It is a prototype, but we’ve only seen renders before so that’s great.

The Nucleus is either on sale, or about to be.

3 Likes

For that one piece that can do it all. The greatest samplersynthdrumwavetablephysicalmodellingsfmsynthsequencer with analog filters

Ya….no. That’s a manufacturer shooting themselves in the foot…with a bazooka.

That’s like Gillette making a razor that never got dull. :grimacing:

13 Likes

It’s only fitting that a book about Roland would be overpriced.

7 Likes

I spent a good 20 minutes trying to patch this behemoth. It was fun in an adventure sort of way, but I think I’ll be sticking with my Behringer Neutron. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Did anyone get up close with the Entropy & Sons — Positronic Recursion Studio or get to talk to any of their representatives ?

It looks like one of the big things at the show. I am wondering in particular about it’s range, how many different things can it do ?

They were at NAMM too. ( post )

At least it’s not digital

The second most exciting piece of news from the Future Retro guys (besides them not being closed) is that they are planning on re-releasing the 777 with new filter types and an upgraded sequencer!!!

Also the OBXA blew me away. And I couldn’t believe how much I liked the Take 5. I’ve veneer really connected with DSI workflows but this instrument was the business!!!

5 Likes

Apparently firmware updates imminent for the DT/DN/ST, and I think a major update for the ST.

12 Likes

say what?!

Did you speak to someone at the booth that gave you this detail?

2 Likes

That seems odd. The Analogs need an update before all of those, especially AR. Not that I have any Elektrons or particularly care right now.

2 Likes

If Syntakt gets song mode before Rytm gets a second LFO, I’m selling my house and buying an OP-1 Field.

(Note: I don’t own a house.)

8 Likes

being that the digitakt is technically the star of the show, it should get updated first, in every round of updates…