Knobcon 2022

I like the sound of this :loud_sound::blush::loud_sound:

Music to your ears or stereo samples incoming? :thinking:

The information came from the guy at the Elektron booth. The confirmed information was the firmware updates for all three boxes and that the ST update is major. Beyond that there were vague hints about the ST update and I’m guessing it’s going to make some of you very happy.

7 Likes

wooooow, :partying_face:

Just like the last time someone said it would make some people very happy? :wink:

2 Likes

Especially given that this one already exists

Oh, hang on, I think the new one is smaller, has less pages and uses ABC technology :laughing:

Actually 16 more pages, but joke.

4 Likes

The boutique version then. :wink:

1 Like

Just discovered that Therevox has a new product, their Eurorack embodiment of the original Ondes Martenot oscillator, made modern. The Ondes VCO. I think this is a great idea.

https://therevox.com/ondes-vco/

It comes in your choice of four neutral colors.

ADDED : I’ve put a demonstration video that includes the Ondes VCO, over in this thread. The talking description starts at 6:07 of the video, and there is a simple sound introduction starting at 9:24. Note these oscillator circuits are different to the circuitry in the ET-5.

2 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

8 Likes

Beyond that there were vague hints about the ST update

Care to share what the hints were? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes what did they say ? Unless you are under non-disclosure, in which case shame on you for saying anything.

If Elektron ( when a representative speaks honestly, that’s the voice of the company, whether authorized or not ) says they have a major new release for any of their products, that is thread worthy.

6 Likes

Speculation thread, anyone?

7 Likes

I’m not under an NDA, but the last thing I want to do is get anyone in hot water over my guesses based on reading between the lines. Hopefully the updates will be released soon. I was talking about how much I love the ST and the booth rep–who isn’t an Elektron employee–was super excited about the ST update.

3 Likes

Did he literaly say: “I’m super excited about the ST update!” and then you didn’t ask something like: “New update ?! Cool, can you tell me something about it?”

I just can feel you know more, tell us! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not until I see a trademark

1 Like

I started two trademark speculation threads already.

Perhaps resonant_space can start a speculation thread for this. It hasn’t crossed that line for me … yet.

1 Like

No trademarks, but I can check for skid marks if that’ll do?

3 Likes

Maybe more of a “nudge nudge wink wink” situation…

Thanks for the post. It was a great show.
Many people came by to play the Iliad and Nucleus.

Demos will be going up soon and orders for Nucleus will start ($1295)

3 Likes

The rep also mentioned Elektron is working on a new hardware product that’s very different from their existing products. The only thing I know is it’s not a mixer because he was talking about how he wished Elektron would release one.

11 Likes