Knob Twiddlers Hangout

My favs are the ones with Surgeon (multiple), Robert Henke and Electric Indigo. Haven t watched all though.

1 Like

The one with Surgeon Vril and Rodhad was really interesting I thought. It was funny how Vril seemed to be a man of little words, even though they were asking him lots of questions because he’s quite an interesting producer.

@dtr Haha good that you saw the questions. But indeed the final thing about the online live thing is that there’s a two bars delay. But I guess that as experienced performers they are still able to feel in sync together. I’ve never saw a moment where the two accidentally throw something new in the mix at the same time or something.

2 Likes

This weeks episode is one of the best yet.
It’s mostly Vlad Kreimer talking about all of the Soma instruments.
He really is a unique character.

1 Like

I’ve watched half of it , going to watch the rest later, yeah brilliant episode and really interesting stuff, vlad is a clever guy making unique instruments and fascinating listening to him

upcoming episode with some well known elektron guys :wink:

9 Likes

This should be a good one :+1:

Nice! I wanted to suggest that to them.

Really enjoyed also the one with Tim Xavier and the week before with Blawan. Now GASing for some outboard compressor and eq and oh well what about a deesser? :partying_face::joy: anyway I think one can get some inspiritions for putting software things on channels or the master bus too.

1 Like

Yeah both of those were brilliant

2 Likes

Also the Stoor stay home soundsystems have been excellent, Speedy J has been brilliant viewing during the pandemic

1 Like

Tonight Ess and Dataline

:100:

Sorry, just noticed it’s double posted but for this one it’s probably fine for once :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

The Steve Bicknell mix of the title track is killer :boom: :boom:

This Sunday Stoor is planning a crazy long live session with a búnch of artist. As their IG message says:

Stay Home Soundsystem – WSNWG x STOOR Closing Marathon

Charlton, Colin Benders, Fadi Mohem, Fritz Schneider, Megan Leber, Robin Kampschoer, The Lady Machine, Rødhåd and Speedy J will be doing one massive live session. Pure improv till sunrise.

3 Likes

There’s an extra show this week. Should be good Sebastian Mullaert is always good to listen to.
I’m going to try and watch it live if dad duties allow.

"@KNOB TWIDDLERS
There will be a second Knob Twiddlers Hangout this week!

Tonight Sebastian Mullaert, Steevio, Tulpa Dusha and Speedy J will be having a chat about electronic music, gear and studio life.

Tune in 20:00 CET
https://twitch.tv/stoorlab"

2 Likes

yesterday’s hangout was really interesting! Enjoyed the topics very much. I wanted to ask what compressor we see on the back of Sebastian and Steveo, but I feel it was very nice do not talk about tech gear stuff and just on some other aspects of what music actually is and how it can heal our body and soul in very different ways. For me one of the most interesting hangouts so far.

3 Likes

It’s not on YouTube for some reason so not seen it, there’s a new one with some patreon guys ?

Yeah, I noticed that the last couple of live streams have been on twitch only.
I have listened to the first half of this one on podcast. Another good one so far.

Edit: It’s on youtube now.

2 Likes

Late to the party.

Thanks for the tipoff. A well spent chunk of Saturday afternoon spent listening to episode 39 with Surgeon and Vlad Kreimer, fascinating!

1 Like

There are some really good ones, the blawan one was brilliant

2 Likes

new one includes Colin Fraser, creator of the Cirklon. as well as SplitRadix, who has done lots of terrific video tutorials of it. and Paul Nagle, of Sound On Sound reviewer fame.

7 Likes