Knob Twiddlers Hangout

Not sure if anyone’s been watching these every week hosted by speedy J but they have been great, discussing all sorts of gear and production, different guests each week, the Richard Devine one was very good

13 Likes

Nobody else watching these ? They’re really good !!!

2 Likes

Just discovered them like a week ago, will watch #5 this evening :smiley:

I have been loving them so far. I’m stoked for the one with lucy, I hope they talked about some Zeitgeber stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

they are great, my only gripe is Speedy J’s repeating “you know” every other word which drives me crazy, you know

5 Likes

The Lucy one is great so far, I’ve only watched part of it , will watch the rest later :+1:

I haven’t noticed that, but I’ll probably pick up on it now :grinning:

Didn’t notice that aswell! :smiley:

1 Like

What i love most about the series is that you clearly see that all of them are huge nerds, they know about almost every eurorack module for example.
Love seeing the their excitement when a great piece of gear is mentioned :smiley:

1 Like

Saying that it surprises me sometimes like on the latest one when Dasha Rush says she’s got a tasty chips gr-16 and the others have never heard of it.

And on the Richard Devine one they mention something like a circuit bent r-8 or something and he’s got everything :grinning:

He is the ultimate synth nerd, his knowledge of synthesizers etc is ridiculous

Thanks for the headsup on these. Luke Slater :star_struck: !

1 Like

Yeah he’s the man !! Freek Funk still one of my favourite albums :+1:

Just stumbled into this right at the start of today s session, with Surgeon amongst others. Nice talk, enjoyed!

1 Like

I just found these last week. Really great conversations.
I listened to the first half of the one with Richard Devine and Luke Slater last night. Proper geek central!
Speedy J does really well in the host role.
The ones with Surgeon and Scanner are great listens too. Highly recommended if you haven’t checked them out yet.

1 Like

I’ve been binging them for the last two months, they’re great. Also the live music streams. I like how free they are, and how - I feel - Speedy J really plays a supportive role for every new guest. In all kind of styles of techno.

2 Likes

It’s kind of amazing to see how many DJ I love all are proper producing musicians. At least to me that wasn’t always as visible on the internet, with most YouTube live videos focusing on DJ sets. Obviously if you are well aware then you could’ve known, but at least to myself I had seen only DJ sets by half of these people

1 Like

Yeah the Surgeon, Scanner one last week was excellent, and Speedy J is a great host. Currently my favourite watch on youtube.

1 Like

Another really nice one (Robert Henke!). I like how this one goes much in artistic, experimental and AV directions instead of the ol’ techno dudes hangout that some of the other sessions are.

@lesstalkmoredisco I saw your questions in the latest hangout edition, about the remote collab set streams :smile:

The answers still don’t make sense to me either… If for both parties the stream they receive from the other is delayed by 2 bars and theirs is real-time, then it cannot be true that both sides are hearing the same mix.

What I get from the Ninjam website (Cockos Incorporated | NINJAM) is that both parties are hearing slightly different mixes because of the timing shift. What we’re hearing as audience of the SHS / Stoor live streams is Speedy J’s end of the network.

Weird but interesting. I’d actually would like to try this out sometime.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to check these out!

Thanks a bunch for sharing :wink: