KMI Softstep + RYTM start stop MIDI message

Yes.

1 Like

Thx @PeterHanes and @AndreN

Andre I enjoyed your improv nthirteen stuff on YouTube!

I have just realized that if Iā€™m playing guitar and then wanting to kick in the rytm, Iā€™d be needing a click track or something going if I want a seamless rytm entrance. Do you usually start your improvs with a click track? If this was the case Iā€™d probzbly be more interested in setting up a foot controller to do program changes? to switch patterns?

Ok cool! Sam

1 Like

Yes. Itā€™s difficult without a click and afaik the only elektron machine with a routable click is the ot. As I stopped the ot by now I use a dn for the click routed to a mixer that is muted on the pa but audible in my headphones. Still not perfect and always subject of change.

Would love to check out your stuff too. Keep it up. Andre.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nektar Pacer MIDI foot controller w/ OctaTrack preset

So the consensus is that you cannot control an analog rytm with a softstep?

You can, but apparently no start / stop.
Yamaha MFC10 does it and much moreā€¦

UGH. I guess Iā€™ll buy yet another product to try to do this simple thing.
I bought the softstep to control my octatrack but gave up and now I was hoping this would be simpler but nothing is ever simple or easy with elektron. So frustrating.

@Blackhawkamps I just got the source audio soleman and as long as I also send midi clock from the foot controller I can start/stop etc the rytm. The soleman also allows for switch 4 to be tap tempo, which the rytm also responds toā€¦although a bit quirky so far from minimal testing. Iā€™ve been too busy to get pattern changes working but I assume it will work. Will try this weekend.

Edit: yeah PC messages sent on midi ch 10 and received on rytm on 10 (instead of auto channel - got the ch10 tip from elsewhere on the forum) and it works to change patterns albeit I havenā€™t found a way to program it to cycle thru all or more than 2 patterns per controller switchā€¦

This ā€œproblemā€ would concern any brand. Start / stop messages are not common for foot controllers. A midi processor would let you map any message to any other message.
Only solutions.

1 Like

ā€œThanksā€