Jogging House - Lure - Now with Videos

excited

1 Like

Thank you! I had to google what aloofness means. What a great word :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just uploaded the first video and added it to the top post. ‘Tulip’ has the simplest setup of all of the album’s tracks. With two Elektron Digitakts and a Digitone running through OTO Bim & Bam and then directly into the Revox B77 1/4" tape recorder.

More to come.

5 Likes

beautiful

Weavings is the second track of my new album ‘Lure’. The core of the tune are the two Elektron Digitakts and a Digitone. They are accompanied by a eurorack modular system and a Ciat Lonbarde Cocoquantus. Everything is sent through OTO Bim & Bam and then directly into the Revox B77 1/4" tape recorder.

5 Likes

Lovely stuff! It reminds me of the good old C64 gaming period/experience of my youth and the whole album gives me a pleasant nostalgic feeling. Great work @boboter

1 Like

Yes i Like this gritty underlying noise Texture. Lovely!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m a huge gamer myself and I guess how those old soundtracks were made influenced me a bit, may it be subconciously.

Regarding the noise, this is always hard to tame. I try to keep the bad/annoying kind of noise out and embrace the good kind. But they are not that easy to separate. When too many bitcrushed sounds enter a self-oscillating delay and then get recorded to tape, all kinds of hiss can happen. I try to listen as closely as possible while recording to not mess it up. But I had to erase more than one take because of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Received mine this morning ! How gorgeous, Thank you …

1 Like

Woo hoo! Glad to hear that. Enjoy and relax :slight_smile:

(The post was quite slow, I did send it over two weeks ago.)

1 Like

I was in the woods … All blame on me :innocent:

And now… Can go back with LURE in the woods… And RELAX

PS: love your revox ! Damn it’s beautiful… Got meself an old nagra… Not bad :balloon:

1 Like

The revox is awesome. I love the sound of it. But also just looking at the wheels turning makes me happy.

Would love to get a Nagra at some point as well. They are so beautifully made. Fantastic engineering.

Enjoy the Woods :slight_smile:

1 Like

And another video is up: ‘Reeds’ is the third track of Lure. Composed with two Digitakts, a Digitone and a Eurorack modular system. They are accompanied by a Ciat Lonbarde Cocoquantus and a Boss SP303 sampler. Everything is sent through OTO Bim & Bam and then directly into the Revox B77 1/4" tape recorder. Cheers!

5 Likes

Same - “Weavings” reminds me a bit of this ambient-ish track from an old French DOS/Amiga game I played as a kid.

1 Like

Very happy to announce that the cassette edition of Lure is now available at the Seil Records bandcamp page.

3 Likes

Reeds… while watching the massive drops of a massive storm falling on the lake is just surreal. You made my day !

1 Like

Another Sunday, another track from Lure. Modular, Digitakt, Digitone & Cocoquantus through OTO Bim & Bam, recorded in one take directly to tape. Hope you like it.

3 Likes

Lovely work there!

1 Like

Thank you! :pray:

I just added a new video. This time for track nr. 5 ‘Balance’. Same setup as before. But with a different-ish vibe. Hope you enjoy it.

5 Likes