Jogging House - Danger (ambient album)

Dear Elektronauts,

I’m happy and excited and thrilled to share my new album ‘Danger’ with you. Out today on my very own Seil Records.

‘Danger’ is the first release that I recorded since we moved to a new apartment and it feels like a new me in ways that maybe only I notice. It’s an attempt to deal with all the uncertainties that surround us on an emotional level. And to be honest, I’m really proud of how it all came together.

The album is available on cassette and digitally. Downloads are free (name your price) for the first two weeks.

Gear wise, the album was centered around the SP404 MK2, which served as a loop collector and live arrangement tool for things I recorded from the eKalimba, Digitone, Cocoquantus, SuperDuber and Generation Loss MK2. There is also some modular and some Lyra-8 on there. Bim & Bam provided delay and reverb. And as usual, I recorded everything straight to 1/4" tape.

I hope you enjoy the music.

25 Likes

The cassette looks beautiful.

2 Likes

Looking forward to checking this.
New Joggers always appreciated in our household (and beyond!)

2 Likes

magic

1 Like

I never get tired of these releases.

3 Likes

DN and 404 make such a lovely couple! Sounds amazing, congrats on the release!

2 Likes

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate the positive vibes.

can you comment on what you used for the bassline on track 5?

I used the Mangrove and Three Sisters modules for bass on all the tracks.

3 Likes

Really appreciating the sense of space and movement with this release, and the blend of textures.

Reminds me a little of the material from ‘Would’.

Lovely stuff.

1 Like

Thank you very much! For me it is a bit hard to compare between my albums but I think there is a somewhat similar bass aesthetic here.

Great music as always!

1 Like

This is simply wonderful, thanks for sharing :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. I‘m really glad you enjoy it.

Is this one coming to Tidal streaming? Would love to check it out while I’m hiking.

Yes, it‘ll be on all streaming services in a little less than two weeks.

1 Like

Wow this is some great Ambient. What tape recorder was used for this?

1 Like

Thank you. I record my music with a Revox B77. I need to send it away to get serviced and am terrified to let it go for a while.

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Just wanted to add on that I’ve never listened to your Music before but been going through all your work since listening to Danger, and I’m loving it all so far!

1 Like