Jogging House - Danger (ambient album)

It was a nice surprise last night to see Jogging House featured on Apple Music’s Pure Ambient playlist.

The track is called Fingers, not from this album, so sorry if a bit OT.

2 Likes

That is an older track and for whatever reason, Apple Music absolutely loves it. It‘s been in their playlists for years now.

1 Like

You can‘t believe how happy this makes me. Thank you!

1 Like

Was just away to ask the same thing, the bass on track 5 is sublime.

1 Like

The modules mentioned must be fairly versatile, but overall I think the one controlling them is probably the key component in this case. Track 5’s bass is indeed particularly nice though.

1 Like

Think it’s the envelope release time/shape together with the tone

1 Like

maybe but I wasn’t thinking about it on any analytical level, I was just enjoying it. I just meant that I think jogging house was the magic ingredient lol

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the compliments. The Mannequinns modules indeed are very nice sounding but sadly very overpriced these days.

The good news is that I made similar bass sounds with the Analog Four or MS20. It‘s mainly about finding the right balance of warm and gnarly in terms of sound. And the right balance of smooth and punchy in terms of envelopes.

3 Likes

Just a service bump: You will now find the album on streaming platforms :slight_smile: For example here:

5 Likes

This music is v balmy, like a salve for the psyche. i may have used these descriptions previously (on lines) for prior jogging house albums, but this new one has been my ‘go to’ lately for a sort of relief during long days, and/or stressful episodes. it’s nicely understated, unhurried, and warmly enveloping. like an aural blanket or pleasant air bath. it’s chill “aF” … i haven’t sensed any danger (yet)

2 Likes

Thank you! That‘s exactly what the music is made for :slight_smile: