Jamuary 2024

Warmest wishes for the New Year, Elektronauts!

I couldn’t find any official (or unofficial) info regarding Jamuary 2024 but I like the initiative and wanted a little impetus for regularly recording.

If anyone else wanted to jump aboard and share jams, sketches and recordings (whatever form it might take) throughout the month, I wholeheartedly invite you to do so via this thread.

I think the norm is to tag your uploads with the #Jamuary2024 #Jamuary hastags.

My plan is to upload a recording and an accompanying photograph (taken on the day).
I’m aiming for one a day but we’ll see!

Here is my first, from the OP1 Field:

The photograph was taken in my dad’s back garden in Northern England, before I head back to home-base in Poland after the festive season.

32 Likes

Here’s the two tracks I’ve worked on today

7 Likes

here’s what I made for today and posted on insta:

4 Likes

Nice jam and I like the idea of taking a photo everyday as well. Happy Jamuary!

2 Likes

Im in!
Posted this earlier elsewhere but Im too tired to jam anymore today so its my first entry. Rendered it 2:30 this morning but not 100% finished.

17 Likes

I’m in! I definitely won’t record something every day but it’s fun to try.

5 Likes

Happy New Year all.

16 Likes

I’ve thought about doing Jamuary for years, never pulled the trigger. I’m going to try this year, cause I’m hoping it will get me in a flow of actually using my gear instead of just thinking about it.

7 Likes

And we’re off! Syntakt + Microfreak

19 Likes

Yeah, I am in again I think, did it a couple of years ago and managed something everyday. Last year was a bit more hit and miss. It’s a good excuse to be creative though, and I look forward to seeing what people post here. Mine are all just 5/10 min sketches I make when I get a chance and upload direct. Here is todays effort:

4 Likes

Love this! Everything works really well together, and I love that bassline.

1 Like

Totally in. Here I go:

and the pic:

#Jamuary2024 #Jamuary

4 Likes

Thanks! Glad you like it :slight_smile:

Been months since I’ve used the machines, but I love doing Jamuary so gonna give it a go again this year. Unsure if I’ll make it today though, we shall see! Can’t wait to listen to everyone’s jams.

6 Likes

Love Jamuary - listening to everyone’s little pieces is a treat.

I almost definately won’t be able to do something every day, but I’ll definately participate as much as possible.

Here’s day 1 anyway, with the sound of the raining hammering on our bedroom room (its been raining here for 2 weeks pretty much non stop). Prophet 12, digitone, a little bit of analog rytm and some modular effects, spruced up a touch in bitwig.

10 Likes

glad to see others are participating this year too! i managed to get one out each day last year and im motivated to do it again this year.

kinda rocky start with this one, made a beat earlier today then my EP-133 crashed and i had to format it so i made a new one. wasnt crazy about it so i just went really in on it with the sp404 effects. thinking im gonna take this challenge as an opportunity to practice with different setups and workflows within my small three piece set up.

11 Likes

learned a lot about my gear and myself last year, I’ll play around this year too :heart:

keys + guitar > SP404

13 Likes

Ok, day one. Let’s go!

4 Likes

Cant promise i will make something everyday, but i made this today…

7 Likes

Made a very short thing… maybe not so much jamming but still something. Stressed it a bit to make it before the end of the 1/1 :grin:

https://youtube.com/shorts/mrxc2Gth3Ks?si=LEHPkDRDTfvVDags

4 Likes