Jamuary 2024

Hi there! Doesn’t have any elektron devices currently, but I hope it’s ok to share this.
I’m marine engineer on crude oil tanker. I will perform on eurorack, norns and m8 according to jamuary challenge while on ship. Now we are at Malaysia’s anchorage area. Feel free to subscribe :sparkles:

5 Likes

These are great, followed you all :slight_smile: Here’s my contribution, though not sure how long I’ll last Arpsicle on Instagram: "#jamuary let’s go, see how far we get 😀 Oxi One sequencing Analog Rytm"

2 Likes

Got my mixer and most fx n cables at a friends house so this was a bit weird. OT and mfb-503 and some stuff got scrambled together.

4 Likes

Ran into a hiccup called, forgot to charge things problem. So, back at the main computer and decide to mess around with UAD instruments mixed in with a stereo output from the modular rack.

This might be an easy guess… but it’s Rings running into Marbles.

5 Likes

Tastefully subtle!

I’m on a mission this year to do my version of something similar… tempo/spacing wise. Hope that makes sense.

I have a habit of overdoing things, so 2024 is gonna be about pulling back as much as I can.

We shall see if I get there before the month is up.

Again, nicely done!!!

1 Like

Some soulful sounds in there. I can hear the rest of the band playing… Hope you build this one out!

Many thanks for the feedback, I also struggle with a tendency for overdoing stuff. Using all the parts available to me on my gear, a bit like the weird urge to complete a jigsaw puzzle, is a very bad habit I need to break.

1 Like

Classy. Hope you develop the idea.

1 Like

Would love to hear a simple bass line on this. Good stuff.

2 Jan morning jam

6 Likes

Thanks! I’ve decided to do all my January stuff on this hardware combo (Syntakt + Microfreak + OT for compression/eq) in one project, which hopefully means I have 31 easy to recall (and finish) jams at the end of the month :grimacing: (famous last words…)

1 Like

Day 2… MPC, SP404mk2, rc505mk2 and guitar. Little bit of live looping

7 Likes

Had the Digitakt for around 2 weeks, and just learning to work with it alongside my PreenFM2. I was attempting to channel a sort of Hieroglyphic Being feel, but hopefully with plenty of me in there too. Would appreciate any feedback, with it being early days for me and all.

3 Likes

This is funky, nice work

@sid6581 Lovely Stars of the Lid vibes from this one for me, really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I think your sp404 is drunk. I really like this.

1 Like

Yes, participating this year as well! Aim is to focus on the Rytm and use some features that I usually gloss over. For day one I played around with song mode and created some melodies using single cycle waveforms

2 Likes

Nice! I really like the main melody.

1 Like

Thanks I started out trying for a Trip Hop vibe and not sure I got there but I like the track.

1 Like

Yeah, I like the track but I can’t say I was thinking trip hop was I was listening to it tbh. Jams very rarely end up where you think they will though, do they?

I think the track lost it pretty quickly but it was working so I went with it. Often I have an idea of something I’d like to write and then it quickly morphs into something else. But that’s what I enjoy about writing music.

1 Like